ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Happy! (Was "Grrr. My application has been returned to

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rhodes

Happy! (Was "Grrr. My application has been returned to

Post by Rhodes » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:53 am

Imagine my excitement when I received a package from the Canadian High Commission in the post this morning! I thought that they might have approved my wife’s application to sponsor me in a record two weeks. Alas, it was my papers being returned to me. It is not clear why.

There is no covering letter or anything, but there is a scribbled note on the sponsor’s checklist saying the papers need to be sent to Mississauga. My own checklist was ticked and so on. I took the completed application, including proof of medical and bank draft and all that, to the Canadian High Commission in London and they assured me that I could drop it off there and that it would be sent to Mississauga for me - so I did just that.

Has anyone else experienced this…? I have only lost two weeks so far, and I know I am in a favourable position being married to a Canadian, but it is still rather frustrating, especially not knowing why the papers were returned. The envelope was addressed to me, rather than to my wife and sponsor. :cry:
:cry: :? :cry:
Last edited by Rhodes on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:35 pm

Imagine my excitement when I received a package from the Canadian High Commission in the post this morning! I thought that they might have approved my wife’s application to sponsor me in a record two weeks. Alas, it was my papers being returned to me. It is not clear why.

1. Your spouse is 1st required to send her sponsorship forms as well your PR application forms with relevant fees to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.

2. If CPC-M are happy with your application they will forward the paperwork to London House.

3. London House will then finish the application form request for the ROPR fee and issue the immigrant visa/ COPR.

Your excitement got you carried away did it :wink: .

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:32 pm

Yes, I realise that, but the receptionist at the High Commission, as well as one of the people at the advice window upstairs, told me that I could leave the papers with them, and they were collected two or three times a week and sent to CPC Mississauga direct from there. I didn't dream it - honest!

I think I'll go back there tomorrow morning just to check if there is some other reason why they might have been returned. Either staff there are giving misleading information, or someone made a mistake by returning the papers to me.

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:11 am

I returned to the Canadian High Commission in London this morning. Again, a couple of members of staff said I could leave the papers there, but I asked them to check to be absolutely sure, and the lady came back to me to aplologise and say that she's made a mistake and would make sure taht her and the reception's advice would be changed with immediate effect.

Rather frustrating, but I hope it will mean that others are not inadvertently misled in future. And people reading this will now know not to try it!

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:55 am

We have just heard that Mrs Rhodes has had her sponsorship application accepted! Got a letter this morning. That has put a spring in my step - I wasn't sure until this morning that the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga had received the papers. :D :D

Sorry, this isn't of much interest to anyone else, but I am so happy about it! :D and :D once more.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 pm

Good to hear things are moving along fairly well - not long to go now before you get a medical request. Might be useful to check up on what shots you/ madam and the kids have had to date as the Designated Medical Practitioner will query this..also worth calling a few to see how much they charge. Fees can be pretty variable especially for the X-rays and blood tests.

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:06 pm

Cheers. I had my medical done before submitting the papers, as I am doing it as the spouse of a Canadian citizen. The children are Canadian, too, by virtue of being bon to a Canadian citizen, so they don't need medicals or anything. We have applied for proof of citizenship for them, but that's not awfully important as far as this is concerned. They have British and Canadian passports.

Rhodes

Request for passport

Post by Rhodes » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:45 pm

I got a letter from the Canadian High Commission this morning, asking me to let them have my passport so they can put the visa in it! It has taken rather less than 5 months so far, since the papers arrived in Mississauga.
:D

Cane

Post by Cane » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:56 am

Hi Rhodes,

Has the high commission placed the visa in your passport? I am curious about how long this generally takes, even though you are in London and my case is in Buffalo, USA.

Thanks
Cane

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:32 am

Cane wrote:Hi Rhodes,

Has the high commission placed the visa in your passport? I am curious about how long this generally takes, even though you are in London and my case is in Buffalo, USA.

Thanks
Cane
Not yet - I am due to pick it up on Thursday next week. In London, if you take it in person, you are given a receipt and are asked to collect it two weeks later. If you send the passport in the post (mail to you, probably!) they 'endeavour to return your passport(s) within 20 days of their receipt'. It might be different in Buffalo, as you suggest, but I should imagine that it's much the same.

There is a note on the papers to say that they might not always be able to return the passports of issue visas within those timeframes, so they suggest that you don't sell property or resign employment until you have the passport and visa.

But I put my house on the market and resigned from work months ago! :D

Cane

Post by Cane » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:58 pm

Appreciate the information, Rhodes. And Best of Luck to you!

-Cane