ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Professionals and New Occupation List for FSW

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Isbdian
Newly Registered

IT Professionals and New Occupation List for FSW

Post by Isbdian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 am

Hello,

Is there any category in the FSW Class - New Occupation List for IT professionals?

I have gone through the new list and noticed some of the details under '1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management' cover Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing but it is not mentioned directly.

Can anyone confirm?

Regards,

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: IT Professionals and New Occupation List for FSW

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Isbdian wrote:Hello,

Is there any category in the FSW Class - New Occupation List for IT professionals?

I have gone through the new list and noticed some of the details under '1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management' cover Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing but it is not mentioned directly.

Can anyone confirm?

Regards,
Please don't post the same question multiple times, it doesn't get you an answer any faster, clutters the forum.

Only you can be the judge of NOC being suitable. If you do/have done most of the jobs (at least half) on the NOC list, than you probably can apply under that.

For the selected NOC, look under 'Main duties' and compare them to your work experience.

Ray

Ray

Isbdian
Newly Registered

My Apologies

Post by Isbdian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks Ray,

The idea was not to post my query in duplicate for speedy response.

I thought since my original post was answered, may be you will not attend to it considering it already cleared.

Comes out, you do read all posts .....therefore accept my apologies.

I have read Main Duties under 1122 and not half of them match my present Director Technical Architecture - Business Intelligence job responsibilities.

Any guess when they might review the NOC and may add 0213 'Manager Information System' again.

Thanks and Best Regards,

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: My Apologies

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Isbdian wrote:Any guess when they might review the NOC and may add 0213 'Manager Information System' again.
That's difficult to say. The last list was there for about a year and a half or so. They can change the list when they think the current list is no longer relevant to the Canadian economy. There is no time restriction. Although, since the list changed in June this year, I doubt they will change it again this year.

Change in the list doesn't mean that they will reinstate IT professions. They may or they may not. Current feeling is that there are enough IT professionals in the country.

However, Federal Skill programme is only one of the routes into Canada. You may want to look into provincial programmes (most, but not all requires you to have a job). You may want to consider going there as a student, etc, etc.

I know it is difficult to find a job from abroad, but its worth a try. Especially if you can go to Canada for a visit and get interviews lined up before hand. It is a long short, as the employer would need to jump through major hoops to get a work permit, so they may not want to do that. Plus it will cost you to go to Canada for interviews, which may not result in a job.

You may also try to transfer via your current position, if they have an office in Canada.

Read the CIC website, lots of good information on the site.

Best wishes.

Ray

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Thank you again.

Post by Isbdian » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks for the wishes. I appreciate you taking time and pointing out other options.

You are doing a good job and helping people like me who don't know where to start otherwise.

Coming to Canada for already lined up interview seems most 'do-able' but I have read Employer's Manual. The details of work involved are horrible. I wonder why any employer would want to go through all that with options available.

Are there any paid-up services for job-seekers who provide assistance through this tedious process? If this service is available, can it be effective?

I have noticed some web sites offering immigration consultancy but don't think they can be of any help here - or can they?

I hope you won't find it digressing.

Best Regards,

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Thank you again.

Post by raymasa2 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Isbdian wrote:Coming to Canada for already lined up interview seems most 'do-able' but I have read Employer's Manual. The details of work involved are horrible. I wonder why any employer would want to go through all that with options available.

Are there any paid-up services for job-seekers who provide assistance through this tedious process? If this service is available, can it be effective?

I have noticed some web sites offering immigration consultancy but don't think they can be of any help here - or can they?

I hope you won't find it digressing.

Best Regards,
Immigration law firms can help employers file for authorisation to hire a foreign individual (this needs to be done by the employer, employees cannot file for this). Most big companies already have people on staff to do that. It is a long process, and recently made tighter. Employers would only do that if they cannot find an employee who is a Canadian citizen or PR. These processes are in place to protect them.

As for employees (or job seekers) it is illegal in Canada to charge an employee a fee to find them employment. Recruiters get paid by the company and cannot charge an individual to find them a job.

Ray

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Post by Isbdian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank you Ray.

smilyvishal
Newly Registered

Re: IT Professionals and New Occupation List for FSW

Post by smilyvishal » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:10 am

Hi I am IT proffessional with 10+ years of exp and currently in UK and would like to immigrate to Canada with family for job.

What is the fastest route available. Can you Pls guide.

Thanks, Vishal