ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Denial for Citizenship?!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dana1990
Newly Registered
United States of America

Medical Denial for Citizenship?!

Post by dana1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi all,So my sister landed in Canada in 2008-. She wasn't able to fulfill the residency requirement at the time, applied for PR renewal and was granted. Now she has been living in Canada for the past 4.5 years and is in the process of applying for citizenship. Unfortunately, only two days ago she was diagnosed with early psychosis and was put on medication. The only thing she is now thinking about is CIC denying her papers due to the recent diagnosis. She has not put herself or anyone in danger ever, she has been a model citizen and has finished her Masters degree in engineering a couple of months ago. Could that be an issue? Does she stand a chance?
Thanks!

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Medical Denial for Citizenship?!

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm confused as to why she would need a medical exam for a citizenship grant. My friend has just put forward her application and there is no requirement for a medical exam.

Furthermore, there has been changes to the citizenship process as of Oct 11 2017. Suggest you visit the site and familiarize yourself.
sean