ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

qUESTION??

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ethan

qUESTION??

Post by ethan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:16 am

HI, everyone

Thanks f or your help firstly

I, with my wife, landed in May of 2002 and has not been living in Canada for 2 months. According to the regularion, it seems that we need go back to canada before june of this year. However, I have some questions about keep status of PR of Canada.

1. We have a baby born in the UK in 09/2004. How can we apply him to go to canada if we go back to canada?
2. my wife still is studing in the uk and suppose to finish in OCtober of this year. Therefore, can we stay in the UK till October? If we can, how we can apply it from Embassy?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards :oops:

ethan

Our status

Post by ethan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:20 am

Currently, we stay in the UK. our HSMP status of UK for the first year will expire till June of this year. I do not know wherther we need to apply for HSMP extenstion. Because it takes a long time, and we are afraid of losing chance of any one of countryies.

Thanks a lot!

ethan

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:40 pm

I didn't find it easy to pinpoint exactly what is it that you want to achieve (short of the impossible goal of residing simultaneously in 2 countries).

As for the specific question of permanent residency in Canada, you only lose it if you physically spend in Canada less than 2 years out of the preceding 5 year period since the grant of PR status.

ethan

thanks a lot! However....

Post by ethan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:20 pm

Dear Cosmopol,

Thanks for your reply!

I know it is difficult to keep two countries status. I need to make a decision for which country.

However, if we want to keep PR status of Canada, how we can solve the problems below:

1. Our baby born in the UK in 09/2004. How can we apply him to go to canada if we go back to canada?

2. Can we apply for staying abord for another several months because my wife will finish the study in October?

Thanks a lot!

best regards, :shock:

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:45 pm

Hi,

1) You need to go to canada and sponsor ur baby. U cannot do it from outside of canada. You have to be in canada to sponsor the baby

2) If you dont reside in canada for two years in 5 years then u simply lose it. Doesnot matter what r u or ur wife doing in UK or any other country.

Ali