Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring child who was born outside Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:38 am

Sponsoring child who was born outside Canada

Post by skhan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

I and my wife (including 2 kids) are PR landed in june 2010. We came back after a short stay to Riyadh KSA in order to first find a suitable job and then move back. During this time, our younger daughter was born. Now we wanna relocate to Canada as I got a job offer. My questions are:

1. What are the chances that my new born daughter will get the visa to enter Canada.
2. If not, How much time it takes for the sponsorship approval and visa stamp (in home country i.e. Pakistan) if I go to Canada alone and apply for her sponsorship there.
3. If we get her temporary visa and we all go together to Canada, how much it takes to process the sponsorship application while in Canada? Also during this time, will she get the medical insurance facility as we others will do?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 am
Location: italy

Post by giuseppenero » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 am

Dear Sohail: Although you don't mention it, should we assume that from the job offer you ALREADY possess the entry visa for you and your wife? If so, there should be no problem for the new child.
However, if you only have the job offer and no visa, I'd say your trek may still be uphill. If your job offer is from a highly skilled sector (which I am hoping), your chances are good for the whole family. Don't forget to buy medical insurance for everyone, especially the baby, since even as landed immigrants, gov't. health insurance is only available after 3 months of residence, which you will prove upon application at the provincial health care office. Show the entry stamps into Canada, pay stubs, bank statements etc...anything with your name and address.
Good luck