ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Universal Credit while ILR application with the Home Office.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leon2019

Apply for Universal Credit while ILR application with the Home Office.

Post by leon2019 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa. I have applied for her ILR on 24th April 2022 and still awaiting for answer which will take about 6 months altogether.

I have never claimed any benefits in my life neither my wife has in the U.K. I now want to claim Universtal Credit as a couple and have filled up Universal credit applications for both of us as a couple. I want to know whether it will have any affect on my wife's ILR?

When I filled up ILR forms for her, there was a list of benefits which they asked if we claimed them and universal credit was not on the list.

anyhow, i would be grateful if someone from there knowledge and experience can advise us so that I can proceed with the UC application accordingly.
Thanks

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Apply for Universal Credit while ILR application with the Home Office.

Post by JB007 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:46 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Hi all,

I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa. I have applied for her ILR on 24th April 2022 and still awaiting for answer which will take about 6 months altogether.
I now want to claim Universtal Credit as a couple and have filled up Universal credit applications for both of us as a couple. I want to know whether it will have any affect on my wife's ILR?

When I filled up ILR forms for her, there was a list of benefits which they asked if we claimed them and universal credit was not on the list.
The low income, welfare benefit called Universal Credit is a Public Fund.

Have a read of all the links in the following sticky
claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html

And this link from citizens advice. Scroll down that page for extra advice for when you have a partner that is subject to immigration control.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... n-control/