ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Marriage Allowance

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi all,

Assisting someone regarding a dilemma surrounding marriage allowance. If someone is living on spouse visa with the condition of no recourse to public funds and is not working but her British partner is working. In that scenario now the spouse visa holder is willing to transfer her permitted tax free allowance of £1250 to her husband's tax free allowance of £12500 so that they get some savings. In my view all above is fully permissible and doesn't relate to any kind of universal credit/public funds, therefore, won't affect her spouse visa extension. Is that perception is correct?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Marriage Allowance

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

You are correct, a marriage allowance is not a public fund.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.