ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no public funds/childcare

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

B3nt0n
Newly Registered

no public funds/childcare

Post by B3nt0n » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi all,
I was just looking for some reassurance - Everyone I've been recommended to speak to so far seems to think it's fine, but I've not been able to find any confirmation or clarity in writing online.

I'm a British national and the mother of our child is here on a tier 2 visa, sponsored by her place of work. She has "no public funds" on her VISA. However, I'm trying to check if I can still claim child benefit and tax free childcare.
https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare

It would all be in my name but as it asks for partner details the last thing I would want is that it negatively affects her application for ILR in the near future.

This is the only thing that I found which comes close but only talks about tax credits https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guid ... ation-cont

Any advice or responses from people in the same position will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: no public funds/childcare

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:34 pm

You can claim child benefits in your name, no problem. You must enter your partners details in the form though. No effect on visa as she is lot claiming.

Tax credits has been replaced by universal credit.

There is some debate and uncertainties about tax free childcare though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

B3nt0n
Newly Registered

Re: no public funds/childcare

Post by B3nt0n » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 pm

thank you for the quick response!