ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIP & ESA

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crazyfj
Newly Registered

PIP & ESA

Post by crazyfj » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Hi

My partner is due his 2nd Spouse Visa and he is in the UK.

I'm in receipt of PIP & ESA (no change since my first application).

I just have a few questions on the minimum income threshold. Is ESA Contribution taken into account for Income?

I have included my PIP letter and bank statement. I assume the calculations are based on what comes into my bank statement and will ignore the motability as it paid towards the motability scheme?

Lastly I read the following but is it correct (below):-

Thank you everyone

"Should the visa be extended from within the UK, the applicant will be exempt from meeting the minimum income requirements unless her sponsor ceases to be entitled to or is no longer in receipt of DLA or PIP"

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: PIP & ESA

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 pm

crazyfj wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm
Hi

My partner is due his 2nd Spouse Visa and he is in the UK.

I'm in receipt of PIP & ESA (no change since my first application).

I just have a few questions on the minimum income threshold. Is ESA Contribution taken into account for Income?

I have included my PIP letter and bank statement. I assume the calculations are based on what comes into my bank statement and will ignore the motability as it paid towards the motability scheme?
I don't know anything about using PIP to sponsor under under Adequate Maintenance finances (you might get a response asking this on the Immigation for family members board?). However, as you seem to be saying you have used your welfare benefits before to sponsor your husband on his first visa, has anything changed in the gov.uk rules?

I've just used a search engine to find this.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf
crazyfj wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm
Lastly I read the following but is it correct (below):-

"Should the visa be extended from within the UK, the applicant will be exempt from meeting the minimum income requirements unless her sponsor ceases to be entitled to or is no longer in receipt of DLA or PIP"
As you have said that nothing has changed for you with welfare benefits since his last visa application, why would the above affect him?

crazyfj
Newly Registered

Post by crazyfj » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:27 pm

No you are correct but we have mover and I'm just trying to work out the Adequate Maintenance figure.

It's part C that is confusing me. Is it just the standard couple rate or do I have to add in extra allowances such as Disabled rate?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:42 pm

crazyfj wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:27 pm
It's part C that is confusing me. Is it just the standard couple rate or do I have to add in extra allowances such as Disabled rate?
JB007 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 pm
you might get a response asking this on the Immigation for family members board

crazyfj
Newly Registered

Post by crazyfj » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:43 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:42 pm
crazyfj wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:27 pm
JB007 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 pm
you might get a response asking this on the Immigation for family members board?
Thanks I'll try that