ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa and No public Funds

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MNR81
Newly Registered

spouse visa and No public Funds

Post by MNR81 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 am

hello guys,

Can someone with spouse visa which comes with no public funds apply for child benifit and will that impact the extension application? Please note no benfits are paid as the spouse earns over the threshold.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: spouse visa and No public Funds

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:08 am

MNR81 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 am
hello guys,

Can someone with spouse visa which comes with no public funds apply for child benifit and will that impact the extension application? Please note no benfits are paid as the spouse earns over the threshold.
Some with spouse visa CANNOT apply for child benefit! Benefit is public funds and it clearly states on your BRP NRPF.

However, your spouse having ILR or British citizenship can apply.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:29 am

MNR81 wrote:
hello guys,

Child Benefit is a Public Fund and the NRPF spouse must not claim public funds as that would be a breach of their visa

I assume when you say you are "over the threshold", that you meant over the threshold for Child Benefit? And that you were hoping to get your spouse a NI Credit towards a UK State Pension by claiming Child Benefit? As said, they can't claim public funds and Child Benefit is a public fund. However the NRPF spouse is allowed to work and pay NICs for a NI Contribution.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:37 pm

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:38 pm

My error. Wrong thread.

MNR81
Newly Registered

Post by MNR81 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm

JB007 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:29 am
MNR81 wrote:
hello guys,

Child Benefit is a Public Fund and the NRPF spouse must not claim public funds as that would be a breach of their visa

I assume when you say you are "over the threshold", that you meant over the threshold for Child Benefit? And that you were hoping to get your spouse a NI Credit towards a UK State Pension by claiming Child Benefit? As said, they can't claim public funds and Child Benefit is a public fund. However the NRPF spouse is allowed to work and pay NICs for a NI Contribution.
Thank you for the explanation, yes I did apply for here just to get credit towards pension. I have called them now and cancelled the application.