ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - nhs prescription free?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

barokut
BANNED

Spouse visa - nhs prescription free?

Post by barokut » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Hi,

In short, I'm on Universal Credit with my zero hours job. Does my non-british wife who's on Spouse Visa have to pay for NHS prescriptions? Noticed on the NHS website where it mentions the following:

"You're also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive, or you're under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:

Income Support
income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
Universal Credit and meet the criteria".

Source: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/prescri ... criptions/

Does this means it's free for her as it's free for me due to myself being on benefits?

secret.simon

Re: Spouse visa - nhs prescription free?

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:52 pm

Did you use the eligibility checker on the same webpage?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi,

Yes but the answers I was given is very vague. Doesn't specify my wife's eligibility for NHS free prescriptions at all. All this time, we've paid in full for her prescriptions.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:54 pm

barokut wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:09 pm

"You're also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive, or you're under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:

Income Support
income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
Universal Credit and meet the criteria".

Source: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/prescri ... criptions/
All of those welfare benefits listed (three of which have been replaced by Universal Credit) are Public Funds.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:01 pm

Perhaps ask an immigration advisor?
https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:45 pm

Bro, if you don't have an answer, don't tell me to ask an immigration advisor. I would've done so if that was my intention. Stop being an idiot. What's the point of coming here to ask questions when you can't even give a decent answer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 pm

barokut wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:45 pm
Bro, if you don't have an answer, don't tell me to ask an immigration advisor. I would've done so if that was my intention. Stop being an idiot. What's the point of coming here to ask questions when you can't even give a decent answer?
If you wish to remain a member of the forum, I strongly suggest you post with some respect and not post calling members derogatory names.

We are all unpaid volunteers here and don't have every answer people seek!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:33 pm

barokut wrote:
There are always problems when you choose to live on welfare benefits and have a spouse who cannot take public funds. Hence why charities suggest speaking to an immigration advisor when the sponsor claims Universal Credit; and certain other welfare benefits; before you claim, to avoid the NRPF partner from accidently taking public funds in breach of their visa conditions.
e.g. If you are also claiming the welfare benenfit Council Tax Reduction, that too can mean your wife is accidently taking public funds.

Living on welfare after sponsoring a spouse, are not designed to be made easy, for obvious reasons. There is no extra benefit money for your wife and she can work, which will then reduce or end your Universal Credit claim. She is expected to keep herself and her sponsor when you don't keep yourself. I trust you have linked your wife to your UC claim, as you agree to do when you asked for Universal Credit?

As your previous posts show you took three jobs to reach the £18,600 to sponsor your spouse, that indicates you are able bodied (not too ill to work): immigration-for-family-members/can-i-us ... l#p1573789
are you aware that the rules are changing for the able bodied who claim Universal Credit as they are not earning at least the minimum wage for 35 hours a week?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:52 pm

JB007 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:33 pm
I trust you have linked your wife to your UC claim, as you agree to do when you asked for Universal Credit?
It seems we have been through this before and you claimed UC as a single when you were not.

claiming-benefits/will-my-partner-spous ... l#p2016977

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 pm
barokut wrote:
If you wish to remain a member of the forum, I strongly suggest you post with some respect and not post calling members derogatory names.

bro stfu. and I claimed my Universal with my wife's name as a joint person. I rectified everything including Council Tax.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
barokut wrote:

And this is the most basic commonly asked question. Can't find the answers here but you guys know better how to use the website. Don't piss me off by saying you don't know and giving vague stupid answers. talk to yourself.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:45 pm

barokut wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
barokut wrote:

And this is the most basic commonly asked question. Can't find the answers here but you guys know better how to use the website. Don't piss me off by saying you don't know and giving vague stupid answers. talk to yourself.

The odds of people helping you when you are rude to those who give their time for free, is slim to none. And Slim just left town.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:46 pm

User banned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.