ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Benefits child & health

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikki9920
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Benefits child & health

Post by nikki9920 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 am

Dear John,

I come across your post and find them to be helpful. I would appreciate if you could also reply to my query:

Question:
When I was filling in Tier 1 Dependant form, I came to L1: Is Dependant claiming any public funds? Yes/no

I am thinking to say no which is honest answer but not 100% sure as error was made from HMRC and we have contacted them ASAP and withdrew application and returned any amount which was due.

Please kindly advice either to say yes/no and if yes then shall I provide evidence to HO with returned amounts. Plus will this have impact on my ILR when I apply for it?

Background info:
We are on Tier 1 and both are working here. Last year been blessed with child and without thinking too much I have submitted child and heath grant application with copy of my immigration document (which states no recourse to public funds). To my knowledge, I have called HMRC to confirm prior to apply if we are entitled to and she said that I need to submit my application and casework will work out if we are entitled to these benefits.

When my husband found out about this, he has called HMRC and told them that HMRC had made error in approving this application and we would like to withdraw this application. Thus, they responded that in such case we should replay them any amount that was credited to my account.

Now we are in process of returning them any amount that was credited in first place.