ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

anmax1982
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 pm
Netherlands

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by anmax1982 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 pm

Ok thanks.

I just now received the new BRC by post.

Once again, if the online status is linked the passport and not the old BRC, then we don’t have to send the new BRC again to Home Office right for updating details?

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:19 pm

if you used passport to apply for settled status you do not need to send ur new card to home office

anmax1982
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 pm
Netherlands

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by anmax1982 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm

Thanks.

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 pm
Algeria

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Lh2oo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 am
After biometrics u wait until home office send u letter saying you have will receive ur new card soon and u should send the old one back

i sent my old one back after receiving the new card

** you do know if u had use an a biometric card to apply for settled status u have to send your new card back to home office to be updated...type eu settlement scheme update details

Hello
Is it for settled status or even for pre settled status ?
I’ve done my biometric on the 14th February to replace my biometric card under eu law to pre settled . Still waiting for it .
Do I have to update as you mentioned ?

Many thanks

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:53 am

I cannot say as I have settled status

and i had use my eea2 biometric card to apply for eu settlement scheme

But when I contacted the eu settlement scheme. This is what they said exactly below

We understand that you have applied to change your EEA Biometric Residence Card for a new EU Settlement Scheme residence card

If when you applied, you did not use the your EEA Biometric Residence Card as proof of your identity, you will not need to do anything.

If you have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme and been granted your status using your old EEA Biometric Residence Card. When you obtain your new card, you should update your details online and send in your new identity document for verification.

You can do this by accessing the ‘Update your EU Settlement Scheme details’ online portal.

Please visit:
https://www.gov.uk/update-eu-settlement-scheme-details

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:02 am

actually since u had used ur old biometric card to apply for the eu settlement scheme

u have to send ur new presettled card to home office

madycal
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by madycal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 pm

I have residence card under EEA Family member and I have been granted Settled Status last week. I applied BRC to change on Settlement scheme yesterday. They asked me to do Bio metric which I have book next Wednesday. What documents I have to take with me to the centre.

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Your passport
Your biometric card ( if u have 1)
proof of address
cosent forms

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am

FINAL UPDATE

January 9th..applied to change my card from eea2 to eu settlement scheme

January 22nd..did biometrics

February 26th...received letter from home office telling me to expect my biometric card

February 28th ..received my biometric card

March 2nd...returned my old biometric card to home office

March 6th...because I use my old biometric card to apply for settled status. I sent my new biometric card to home office to be updated online using royal mail special delivery

Today I receive my biometric card from home office they sent it using royal mail 2nd class signed for..My biometric card came with a letter saying

Thank you for advising us of the changes to your identity document.

Your change of details has been noted and has been sent to the relevant team to update.

We have enclosed your documents as these are no longer needed in relation to updating your details.

iwolga
Member of Standing
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:34 am

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by iwolga » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 am

Rose2019 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am
March 6th...because I use my old biometric card to apply for settled status. I sent my new biometric card to home office to be updated online using royal mail special delivery

Today I receive my biometric card from home office they sent it using royal mail 2nd class signed for..My biometric card came with a letter saying

Thank you for advising us of the changes to your identity document.

Your change of details has been noted and has been sent to the relevant team to update.

We have enclosed your documents as these are no longer needed in relation to updating your details.
What a non-sense step (I mean from HO side of things!). They seem to be creating work for themselves and for Royal Mail

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 pm

I just follow the link


https://www.gov.uk/update-eu-settlement-scheme-details

and so I had to send my new card to them to be updated so I am glad they returned it

anmax1982
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 pm
Netherlands

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by anmax1982 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Last year when we applied for pre-settled status, the HO person strongly recommended to link the online settled/pre-settled status to the passport and not the BRC.

The passports usually stay longer and each time BRC is updated we don't have to send it again to the HO.

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:30 pm

oh well my BRC is valid now for the next 10 years as I have settled status (indefinate leave to remain)

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm

when I applied for settled status last year. I had applied using my eea biometric card...my visa was not in my passport

anyways 10 years is long time and i plan to apply for citizenship

NatCam
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:26 am
Georgia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by NatCam » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 am

iwolga wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 am
Rose2019 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am
March 6th...because I use my old biometric card to apply for settled status. I sent my new biometric card to home office to be updated online using royal mail special delivery

Today I receive my biometric card from home office they sent it using royal mail 2nd class signed for..My biometric card came with a letter saying

Thank you for advising us of the changes to your identity document.

Your change of details has been noted and has been sent to the relevant team to update.

We have enclosed your documents as these are no longer needed in relation to updating your details.
What a non-sense step (I mean from HO side of things!). They seem to be creating work for themselves and for Royal Mail
@Iwolga It was Rose who created unnecessary work for the HO. She has a card under new scheme, first, and second, you can check your status online (no need to do it if you already have a card) using both passport and BRC.

iwolga
Member of Standing
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:34 am

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by iwolga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:43 am

NatCam wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 am
iwolga wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:33 am
Rose2019 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am
March 6th...because I use my old biometric card to apply for settled status. I sent my new biometric card to home office to be updated online using royal mail special delivery

Today I receive my biometric card from home office they sent it using royal mail 2nd class signed for..My biometric card came with a letter saying

Thank you for advising us of the changes to your identity document.

Your change of details has been noted and has been sent to the relevant team to update.

We have enclosed your documents as these are no longer needed in relation to updating your details.
What a non-sense step (I mean from HO side of things!). They seem to be creating work for themselves and for Royal Mail
@Iwolga It was Rose who created unnecessary work for the HO. She has a card under new scheme, first, and second, you can check your status online (no need to do it if you already have a card) using both passport and BRC.
As far as I understand from the posts above, she’s been explicitly told to do so in the mail attached to the card. As I have EEA2 card myself valid till mid 2021, I will need to go through this exchange myself.

HO website is pretty explicit that it may require you to send your new ID for confirmation of change of details for EUSS scheme. So I’m not quite sure it was Rose creating this exercise.

Nyamebeye
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 am

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Nyamebeye » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:50 am

I currently hold an EEA residence card (BRC) valid until July 2024 (issued last year). I used it to apply for pre-settled status under the settlement scheme which was granted on 3rd February 2020. In the decision letter dated 3rd Feb, it was stated that no BRC card will be issued as I already have a BRC under the EEA regulation. It was however also stated that I could use my current BRC to prove my status, right to work etc until 31st December 2020 after which it will not be valid so I will rely on the digital status from then. I called the resolution centre and they told me I could apply to replace my EEA BRC to a new BRC under the Settlement scheme, so I did that on 6th February and enrolled my biometric on 15th February.

On 12th March, I received the following email from the home office:

Good Morning,
Thank you for your application to exchange your biometric residence card (BRC) issued under the EEA Regulations for a biometric residence card that reflects the leave you have been granted under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Please note that a BRC issued under EEA Regulations provides you with an exemption from the requirement to obtain a visa to travel to another Member State of the European Union. A BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme does not, and if you choose to exchange your current BRC for a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be required to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to another EU Member State.

You only need to apply to replace your biometric residence card issued under the EEA Regulations when it expires and then only if you intend to travel outside the United Kingdom, as you can rely upon your digital status to prove your right to stay, work or study in the United Kingdom.

Can you please confirm that you are therefore content to proceed with your application? We are unable to proceed with your application until you have confirmed if you are content to proceed.


Thank you
BRCE RC Casework Team

I felt this was contradictory to what they stated in my decision letter which was just a month ago. I have actually replied and consented to proceed with the application. They are a confused bunch of people and I just can't keep up with their changes.

I would not have applied for a new card if their messages were clear from the beginning.
My passport was used as ID during application so I continue to check online status with it, no issues. No need to be faffing about with the new card.

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am

iwolga

I DID not create any unnecessary work for the home office

I am a non EU national

I had a previous EEA biometric card under EU law before all this eu settlement scheme came about.

So I applied for settled status using my EEA biometric card

Then I realised I can change my EEA2 residence card into EU settlement scheme one which was told by me by the EU settlement scheme adviser when I called them

Because how can I rely on my digital status if I need to apply for a tourist visa it makes it harder for me to rely on a digital status alone or if i am in a country for holiday and how will i have to show my status online if I have to board a flight back to the UK.

I do not have a passport that gives me visa free to most country

So I exchanged my card from EEA2 to the settle status card ( indefinate leave to remain)

and in the home office website it clearly states below


Update your EU Settlement Scheme details

https://www.gov.uk/update-eu-settlement-scheme-details

Use this service if you’ve applied to the EU Settlement Scheme and you’ve changed your:

mobile phone number
email address
name
identity document
UK address


Of course I change my identity document from an EEA biometric card to a eu settlement scheme card..so i had to post my card to them and as you can see I did not create them unnecesaary work as they sent my card back within 2 weeks and also a letter saying thank you for reporting the changes.

Instead the home office created unnecessary work for themselves as they issued me my new card so they could have updated it themselves instead of me having to do it.

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 am

@nyamebeye (sorry if the name spelling is wrong)

My passport was used as ID during application so I continue to check online status with it, no issues. No need to be faffing about with the new card.



According to my phone call to the EU settlement scheme..because if i had used my passport as an ID. I would not have to send my new card to the home office to be updated

but because I had use my old eea biometric card to apply. I has to send my new card to be updated.

for me physical proof is important..I travel a lot

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:47 am

@NatCam

HO website is pretty explicit that it may require you to send your new ID for confirmation of change of details for EU Settlement Scheme scheme. So I’m not quite sure it was Rose creating this exercise.


Exactly when i received my new card. If took me a lot of courage to send my new card back to them i order to update my details but I had to follow the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/update-eu-settlement-scheme-details

and wheh i went on the link..it says to send my nee card to a p.o box address in liverpool and I did and i had received my card back from them just 2 days ago

iwolga
Member of Standing
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:34 am

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by iwolga » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am
iwolga

I DID not create any unnecessary work for the home office

I am a non EU national

I had a previous EEA biometric card under EU law before all this eu settlement scheme came about.

So I applied for settled status using my EEA biometric card

Then I realised I can change my EEA2 residence card into EU settlement scheme one which was told by me by the EU settlement scheme adviser when I called them

Because how can I rely on my digital status if I need to apply for a tourist visa it makes it harder for me to rely on a digital status alone or if i am in a country for holiday and how will i have to show my status online if I have to board a flight back to the UK.

I do not have a passport that gives me visa free to most country

So I exchanged my card from EEA2 to the settle status card ( indefinate leave to remain)

and in the home office website it clearly states below


Update your EU Settlement Scheme details

https://www.gov.uk/update-eu-settlement-scheme-details

Use this service if you’ve applied to the EU Settlement Scheme and you’ve changed your:

mobile phone number
email address
name
identity document
UK address


Of course I change my identity document from an EEA biometric card to a eu settlement scheme card..so i had to post my card to them and as you can see I did not create them unnecesaary work as they sent my card back within 2 weeks and also a letter saying thank you for reporting the changes.

Instead the home office created unnecessary work for themselves as they issued me my new card so they could have updated it themselves instead of me having to do it.
I never said you did. I’m saying HO created work for themselves. And I’m annoyed as I will need to go through the same nonsense route myself at some point

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:54 am

@Iwolga that is what you said below


@Iwolga It was Rose who created unnecessary work for the HO. She has a card under new scheme, first, and second, you can check your status online (no need to do it if you already have a card) using both passport and BRC.

I had to call the EU settlement scheme and they said if anyone applied with passport for settled status they do not need to send the card

if you use biometric card one has to send the card to be updated online...that is why i sent mine using special delivery to be sure its secure and they returned it using royal mail 2nd class signed for

it would have been better if they updated it themselves before sending cards to us

so annoying I got stress thinking when will they return it and the eu settlement scheme said in 2 weeks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79844
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:54 am
@Iwolga that is what you said below

@Iwolga It was Rose who created unnecessary work for the HO. She has a card under new scheme, first, and second, you can check your status online (no need to do it if you already have a card) using both passport and BRC.
Can you stop this please. It was not iwolga who said the highlighted bit above, it wa user 'NatCam' who posted this!!! You have persistently hijacked this topic with all your many many questions instead of posting in your own topic and now going on about something that really is irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things. Just let it go and move on!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rose2019
inactive
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:05 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:12 pm

@CR001

Thank u

I have received my indefinate leave to remain biometri card and planning to apply for citizenship.

I am out of this forum and you can begin to stay here and complain about hijacking the forum..u have time

goodbye

User avatar
IsraMazuera10
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 pm
Mood:
Venezuela

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by IsraMazuera10 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi guys,

I need your help. I received this email from APAD - HOme Office.

Can someone explain this to me? What should I do? I got really confused.

Good morning



Thank you for your application to replace your BRC with a EU Settlement Scheme BRC (BRCE). On receipt of your application we contacted you to confirm the following:

Thank you for your application to exchange your biometric residence card (BRC) issued under the EEA Regulations for a biometric residence card that reflects the leave you have been granted under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Please note that a BRC issued under EEA Regulations provides you with an exemption from the requirement to obtain a visa to travel to another Member State of the European Union. A BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme does not, and if you choose to exchange your current BRC for a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be required to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to another EU Member State. You only need to apply to replace your biometric residence card issued under the EEA Regulations when it expires and then only if you intend to travel outside the United Kingdom, as you can rely upon your digital status to prove your right to stay, work or study in the United Kingdom.

Can you please confirm that you are therefore content to proceed with your application? We are unable to proceed with your application until you have confirmed if you are content to proceed.



Please confirm how you wish to proceed urgently.



Thank you

------------------------
Does this mean that I have to be applying for visas every time I go to Spain or Italy? I am a Venezuelan national I don't need visas for the Schengen area. Should I just confirm that I want to proceed? or should I cancel that application? but then what should I do? My current BRC expires on September.

Thank you in advance for your help

Post Reply
cron