ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA National Settlement status Applicaion Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sheikh787
Newly Registered

EEA National Settlement status Applicaion Advice

Post by sheikh787 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:28 am

Hi Everyone
i need yours advice for my EU wife application.
we moved in UK june 2014.
she applied for Settled status on 31 june 2019.
but in adnriod app she received message that our records says you were resident in uk but we coudlnt confirm if you were in UK for last 6 months.
Then they give her 2 options select pre settled status or settled status.

She selectted settled status option then they asked her to uploads evedience which she did but she uploads mixed evedeince from last 5 years and some from last 6 months.

very next day my mother in law passed away so my wife traveld back home its been over a month she is still there in the past 5 years she was traveling as well.

on 5th july she received COA. after that nothing else its been 45 days now they didnt even asked her to send any proof.

for my self As non eu i applied on 13july online through website and for me they said i am eleible for Settled Status. i uploads around 10 documents in that website also my wife Settled status application no and at the end the asked me to book bio metric appointment. i done my biometric on 17 july plus i uploads around 30 Dcouments in UKVAS website including EU Wife current passport and ID.
i received COA on 23 July After that nothing.

I am worried why they took too long for my wife 😔.
first 3 years she was employed in a compnay but last 2 years she is self employed and for the year 2018,19 her accounted has not subbmited her tax return yet.

My questions are:
1.do i need to inform home office that she is not in the country her mother is passed away?
2. what will happend if they are not satisfied with the proof she uploded online would they ask for more evidenc ( if yes than why they didnt asked until know) or they will cancle her application or they will offer her pre settle status.
3.if she get pre settled status and as i am eligble for Settled status will they still give me Settled status or they will give me the same pre settle status as my wife.

Thank You!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA National Settlement status Applicaion Advice

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:02 am

Relax nothing to worry , They are very busy at the moment. If they want more information they will call her or email her directly. they won't refuse her
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:30 am

If they need more information, they will contact you. You can't add anything to an ongoing application unless they request it.

However you have to be careful. Reading between the lines, I understand that your wife is the EEA national, she doesn't work in the UK, she doesn't pay taxes in the UK and she is often absent for a while.

Actually that's why the 6 months check failed and it will probably trigger more manual checks. However, I don't think they refuse her but worst case scenario it ends up with pre-settled.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm

@sheikh787

One important advice even if your wife didn't you can submit the tax return personally with showing nothing as she didnt work.

They will give you an option if you like to provide more information mention that she didnt work but you are still submitting tax return. I did it for my dad with his consent obviously when he had a bypass operation and showed nothing but submitted his tax return.

It will show her into the HMRC system after submitting the tax even she didnt earn anything.

This is pure legit.

I did it and it was perfectly done. You can do it online by yourself. All the guideline is there.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:56 pm

@sheikh787

In my opinion call EU team and if you know her application number tell them what happened. Of course they will not refuse her application but better to inform them. They will inform the case worker and he/she will put hold on it. At the moment they are waiting and after period of time they will call her by phone or by email.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }