This is my first post and I'm here because I never read so much in my life about a topic
amazing how confusing/complex immigration to UK looks like, but I guess it is necessary for such a country.
Before I start, I'd like to thank "Jambo" for this amazing post
I believe my case is quite straight forward/simple and I just want peace of mind, so, therefore I write:
1) I'm Brazilian but inherited Italian citizenship and am living/working in Malta for the last 4 years. Got a place to take part in a MBA in Liverpool starting next September (1 year long). From what I read, I'll have no problem at all. Do any need anything to go in the UK?
2) My wife is also Brazilian. We got married 4 and a half years ago in Brazil. We like to look good under the law, so we have our marriage registered both in Brazil and Italy, with also an authenticated certificate translated to English. She lives with me here. She is under spouse visa and has full residence permit for Malta. Her rights are currently exactly same as mine in every sense here.
So, questions are:
- What does she need to live exactly the same life in the UK? Does she need the EEA Family Permit?
- If not, what does she need to enter the UK with me? Plan is that we go together there, since we will be moving.
- Do I need an UK address before we enter? I'm currently working on having a place for us there, but have no idea when this will be sorted.
Am I forgetting something here?
Thanks to everyone that replies