ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry UK with EUSS FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Entry UK with EUSS FP

Post by niklas999 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Hello, i am Nick and my wife, Maria, from Argentina received a EUSS Settlement Scheme FP, two weeks ago after 7 months of waiting.
We will travel togheter UK on 1st of April and she suppose to apply for for pre settled status once she will be in UK.

My question is how can we do this? Online, with the app EU Exit or is a different proces?
Also what papers she will need in order to apply? I am thinking about proof of adress togheter, joint bank account, joint mobile contract ??
All this papers we will have them soon. But in order to get pre setlled status in UK, do we need to prove that she was living with me in UK before dec2020/jun 2021 ?/ Because we don't have any papers on our name from that time. Also she, was an overstayer almost 3 years since dec 2016 to oct 2019,when she decided to leave voluntary UK.
Now that she got the visa valid for 6 months she want to stay legally in UK. And apply for presattled status so that she can work and study. Also, all her immigration story (overstayer for 3 years) will be deleted now?

We are legally married since june 2021, married in Buenos Aires.

Best regards,
Nick and Maria

kamoe

Re: Entry UK with EUSS FP

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:02 pm

niklas999 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:45 pm
My question is how can we do this? Online, with the app EU Exit or is a different proces?
Not with the app. Either she attends an appointment to scan her passport, or she sends the passport by post, as explained here: https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... r-identity
Also what papers she will need in order to apply? I am thinking about proof of adress togheter, joint bank account, joint mobile contract ??
All this papers we will have them soon.
The same supporting documents you used to get her the EUSS should suffice.
But in order to get pre setlled status in UK, do we need to prove that she was living with me in UK before dec2020/jun 2021 ?/
Obviously, not. She would have just arrived in the UK, so long residence is not expected. For pre-settled status, the only residence requirement is having spent one day in the UK, which can be provided with entry stamp on passport / copy of boarding pass.
Also, all her immigration story (overstayer for 3 years) will be deleted now?
Not at all. It will be pretty much there on record.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by niklas999 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:58 pm

I forgot the ask/metion: Can she apply stright away for SETTLED STATUS ? Does my marriage with her gives the right to ask SETTLED STATUS for her? Or in order to get settled status you must apply for pre settle first? I am holding settled status since July 2019.

Thank you

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:07 pm

niklas999 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:58 pm
Can she apply stright away for SETTLED STATUS ? Does my marriage with her gives the right to ask SETTLED STATUS for her?
No and No.
Or in order to get settled status you must apply for pre settle first?
No, you can get Settled Status without first having Pre-Settled status (e.g. a EU national who has lived in the UK for 5 years can get Settled Status straight away). But that's not the point here.

The point is, she needs to have resided in the UK for 5 years before getting Settled Status. Having Pre-Settled status or not is irrelevant.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.