ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for Dependant Parent granted. How to apply for pre-settle status ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

monik175
Newly Registered

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for Dependant Parent granted. How to apply for pre-settle status ?

Post by monik175 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know how to apply for pre-settlement status for a dependant parent who arrive to the UK under a EUSS Family Permit?

I am an EU citizen with settled status. I have applied for an EU settlement scheme family permit for my mum to come and live with us. She will be arriving in the UK next week and her permit is only valid for 6 months.
Can I apply for pre-settle status once she is here and how do I go about it?

Also is she allowed to work with the EUSS FP?

Many thanks!

Zynmalikkkk

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for Dependant Parent granted. How to apply for pre-settle status ?

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Apply online and book appointment for biometrics after submitting application.
Your father does not need to send any document to Home office.
UKVCAS will scan passport ,take photographs,fingerprints and signatures.
He will receive CoA after biometrics and hopefully will get settled status in two months time.
Yes he is allowed to work on family permit but it depends upon the employer. Many employers are reluctant to accept FP as a proof of work permit

monik175
Newly Registered

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit for Dependant Parent granted. How to apply for pre-settle status ?

Post by monik175 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. Can I apply as soon as she arrive ? Or do I have to wait ?

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am

Yes you can apply straight better to get only one proof of "address" it can be name on bill or tv licence on her name or it can be name on council tax, once you get it then apply straight away.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

monik175
Newly Registered

Post by monik175 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am
Yes you can apply straight better to get only one proof of "address" it can be name on bill or tv licence on her name or it can be name on council tax, once you get it then apply straight away.
. Great thanks!! I will do it as soon as I get something on her name :D

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

monik175 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:47 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know how to apply for pre-settlement status for a dependant parent who arrive to the UK under a EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit?

I am an EU citizen with settled status. I have applied for an EU settlement scheme family permit for my mum to come and live with us. She will be arriving in the UK next week and her permit is only valid for 6 months.
Can I apply for pre-settle status once she is here and how do I go about it?

Also is she allowed to work with the EU Settlement Scheme FP?

Many thanks!
Hello there,
I want to apply for a family permit for both of my parents so am looking for some help/advice so if anyone willing to help me i would much appreciate it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:43 pm

alijee86 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm
Hello there,
I want to apply for a family permit for both of my parents so am looking for some help/advice so if anyone willing to help me i would much appreciate it
You should start your own topic with your circumstances and questions. You appear to be a non EU citizen with PR, which means you cannot sponsor anyone on the EEA route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:43 pm
alijee86 wrote:
Hello there,
You should start your own topic with your circumstances and questions. You appear to be a non EU citizen with PR, which means you cannot sponsor anyone on the EEA route.
Thank you @CR001 for your prompt reply.
I am indeed a non eea holding a PR car as well as has settle status.
My wife is an eea national and also have a PR card and Settle status under the new scheme.
I may be cannot sponsor my parents but can my wife be a sponsor and apply for a FP for her parents in law? If yes, then how and what do we need and what my parents need from their home country.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 pm

alijee86 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:43 pm
alijee86 wrote:
Hello there,
Thank you @CR001 for your prompt reply.
I am indeed a non eea holding a PR car as well as has settle status.
My wife is an eea national and also have a PR card and Settle status under the new scheme.
I may be cannot sponsor my parents but can my wife be a sponsor and apply for a FP for her parents in law? If yes, then how and what do we need and what my parents need from their home country.
Thank you
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SAMUELPEPRAH1
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by SAMUELPEPRAH1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:30 am

Hi there,
I’m an EU with a pre-settled status.I would also like to apply for EUSS family permit for my mom who is non EU national to come and live with me.
Since you have done yours,could you please help me with the the documents that were requested?
Did they ask for your parent’s birth certificate or that of yours?
Cheers
Samuel

monik175
Newly Registered

Post by monik175 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am

Hi Samuel,

There is two different permits you can apply for:
1. EU family permit ( you will have to prove that your mum is dependant o you ). You have the right to appeal if it is denied
2. EU family settlement scheme permit. ( this is the one I applied for) With this permit they will assume dependency so you don’t have to provide evidence that you support her. However you will need to provide evidence that you are related to her and also that you are earning enough money to provide for her here ( basically that you can sponsor her). As evidence I submitted :

- employers letter
- 6 months pay slips
- bank statements and savings ( last 6 months)
- mortgage statements( to show I can have her staying with me) you can also add a tenancy agreement with your name on it and other prove of address like a bill or council tax
- my birth certificate original and also an official translation to English ( you have to submit both). I did not have to provide her birth certificate
- I added my eu passport and the letter I received with the outcome of my settled status on the UK

- I submitted a copy of my mums passport and ID
- I also added some pictures of her previous visits to UK and my visits to Colombia and some pictures of Whatsapp calls register to show we have been in contact.

I hope this helps... let me know if I can help you answer more questions....

-

SAMUELPEPRAH1
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by SAMUELPEPRAH1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:00 pm

monik175 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am
Hi Samuel,

There is two different permits you can apply for:
1. EU family permit ( you will have to prove that your mum is dependant o you ). You have the right to appeal if it is denied
2. EU family settlement scheme permit. ( this is the one I applied for) With this permit they will assume dependency so you don’t have to provide evidence that you support her. However you will need to provide evidence that you are related to her and also that you are earning enough money to provide for her here ( basically that you can sponsor her). As evidence I submitted :

- employers letter
- 6 months pay slips
- bank statements and savings ( last 6 months)
- mortgage statements( to show I can have her staying with me) you can also add a tenancy agreement with your name on it and other prove of address like a bill or council tax
- my birth certificate original and also an official translation to English ( you have to submit both). I did not have to provide her birth certificate
- I added my eu passport and the letter I received with the outcome of my settled status on the UK

- I submitted a copy of my mums passport and ID
- I also added some pictures of her previous visits to UK and my visits to Colombia and some pictures of Whatsapp calls register to show we have been in contact.

I hope this helps... let me know if I can help you answer more questions....

-
Hi Monik thank you very much for your reply.I must say that the information provided is very helpful.I was a lil worried about the birth certificate thing cos my mum has got an issue with hers.But with your explanation it means that I wouldn’t need her birth certificate but rather mine.
Please if I may ask, how long did it take them to approve your mom’s visa?
Thank you very much!
Cheers
Samuel

monik175
Newly Registered

Post by monik175 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi Samuel,

My mums visa was approved within 3 working days. Eu settlement scheme family permits are meant to be processed quick. Although this was before brexit so I am not sure what the time lines would be now.

We have applied for the pre-settlement scheme as soon as she arrived and we haven’t heard anything back, we haven’t even received a coa letter, so I am assuming the home office is very busy at the moment.

Sometimes you can pay for priority depending if the country you are applying from uses this services. But you will have to pay extra. There is 24h priority it 5 working days priority.

Also you can do everything from here, apply online and upload all the documents for her. And all she needs to do is book an appointment to give biometrics and present her passport in her country.

SAMUELPEPRAH1
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by SAMUELPEPRAH1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi Monik,
I must say 3 working days was super quick!I don’t think that can happen now cos I applied for a for my kids through the same procedure on the 15/11/19 but till now the Visa hasn’t been approved yet.Its either they are busy as you are saying or they are trying to frustrate EU Nationals.Anyways I still hope for the best.
Thank you

Shevcraig
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Shevcraig » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Hello. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind answering. We are trying to get my wife's recently widowed father over to the UK on a Settlement scheme family permit. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that he has to apply himself and not us? I also read that dependency will be assumed but on the application form it asks weather he is financially dependant on my wife? did you experience this at all? Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Zynmalikkkk

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Shevcraig wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:09 pm
Hello. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind answering. We are trying to get my wife's recently widowed father over to the UK on a Settlement scheme family permit. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that he has to apply himself and not us? I also read that dependency will be assumed but on the application form it asks weather he is financially dependant on my wife? did you experience this at all? Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks.
You can complete his application on behalf of him. In case of
Parents and in laws dependency is assumed.

Post by 1878 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:16 am

What happens if the EU settlement scheme family permit expires before one is issued with pre settled status? Can one travel in and out of UK during this period, I.e after EUSSFP has expired but before pre-settled status has been issued?