ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement scheme timelines

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

demart28
Newly Registered
Portugal

EU Settlement scheme timelines

Post by demart28 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:52 am

Hi Guys,

Is there any tread on the forum with EU Settlement Scheme application processing times?
It seems the processing time is currently well exceeding the time frame displayed on the HO website.
I've been waiting myself for over 3 months now and I don't consider my case as complex (EU citizen, 14 years in the UK, no criminal convictions).
I've submitted my application on the same day as my partner and she already received her decision over 6 weeks ago.
Perhaps someone here has a similar experience with waiting times?

Thanks,

kamoe

Re: EU Settlement scheme timelines

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:57 am

As fas as I'm aware, there is no timeline topic for EU nationals, because their processing times are usually so quick compared to non-EU nationals, that a whole topic seems pointless (There is one for non-EU nationals).

Seems like a case for escalation with your MP.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

demart28
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by demart28 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:16 pm

Thanks kamoe for the great tip.

I've just sent the letter to my local MP. Will keep you posted about updates.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm

I can add my two pence into this. Applied for my daughter mid June 21 and still did not even get a COA.

I also thought we have a very straightforward case: she is EU, born in UK, parents both have pre-settled status. Called the resolution centre several times, they keep escalating and telling me “it’s normal waiting times”.

Ap22
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ap22 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Ive been looking all over the web for such a thread, it would be very helpful, given where it is now, which is nowhere close to 5 days, and into realms of many months.

Given todays stats from the Home Office, still over 400k cases pending and only 20k backlog case reduction since June 30th, despite processing over 260k applications it seems they are standing still in terms of progress and dying under the weight of applications, including 100k late applications.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... statistics

There is a facebook group if you search for EU settlement scheme with 20k members, its a mix of Family vs Regular applicants but theres clues to processing times within it.

But, speaking for myself, a timescales thread would be very helpful.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:30 pm

Interesting.

Well, by all means one of you can just go ahead and start a EU nationals processing times thread!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.