ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family Permit - Marriage After 31 Dec 2020

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

r_kraykov
Newly Registered
Mood:

EUSS Family Permit - Marriage After 31 Dec 2020

Post by r_kraykov » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:52 am

Hi everyone,

I would be very grateful if someone can give me some advice. I am Bulgarian and I have a pre-settled status. My wife is Non EU and has never been in the UK. We met online in the beginning of December 2020 and got married in Thailand on 11 June 2021. We applied for EUSS Family permit on June 30th using a solicitor. We have lived together only from June 1st to June 25th. There are a lot of text messages proving that we want to get married but they all start from January 2021 onwards. We are still to send them our supporting documents, letters from us both and from family and friends. One of the main reasons why we bonded so quickly and started thinking about a family is that we are both Adventist Christians and we have the same beliefs, same understanding and same vision. I am planning to point this out in the sponsor letter.

What else can we do to make our case stronger?

I know that our chances are slim but if anyone can help us with some guidelines or with anything else we would really really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Rado

kamoe

Re: EUSS Family Permit - Marriage After 31 Dec 2020

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:56 pm

r_kraykov wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:52 am
We met online in the beginning of December 2020 and got married in Thailand on 11 June 2021.
Do not waste your time on this.

I'm surprised your "solicitor" has encouraged you to apply at all. Either the married relationship has to exist before December 31st 2020, or a solid unmarried partnership had to also exist by that date. A one-month old online-only relationship is not going to make the cut, however you want to present it. Even if you are married today, your relationship was way too recent and nowhere near durable on the cutoff date.

I'm sorry to say, it really doesn't look like you have any chance at all through the EUSS. Of course you are free to attempt the EUSS, but do not hold your breath. In your case, it would be wise to start preparing a standard spouse visa application outside of the EUSS. You can address any questions in the immigration for family members section.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

r_kraykov
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: EUSS Family Permit - Marriage After 31 Dec 2020

Post by r_kraykov » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Thank you so much for your quick response.