ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family Permit to Pre Settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imrama
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

EUSS Family Permit to Pre Settled status

Post by imrama » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi,

I am quite confused about the actual applying for Pre settled status once arrived in the country. My partner arrived about 3 weeks ago into the UK as she had gotten the EUSS family permit. We have applied for pre-settled status , pretty much the day after she came out of isolation following amber list guidelines. There was no new supporting documentation bar a Revolut bank account(and payments from me into it), than what we had applied to get the original EUSS family permit. Is there any other documentation we should show like GP etc? By getting the EUSS family permit, coming to the country and applying for pre-settled status is it guaranteed?

Also I have read you can work and come in and out of the country within that 6 months, and also apply for a NINO(NI number) online but when trying to submit the application online for NINO it doesn't cover the EUSS Family Permit? Has anyone any help on this?

My partner is Non-EEA, I am an Irish Citizen.

Thanks!

kamoe

Re: EUSS Family Permit to Pre Settled status

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:54 pm

imrama wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm
By getting the EUSS family permit, coming to the country and applying for pre-settled status is it guaranteed?
My general understanding is that there is likely no reason to deny it.

As far as I know, the only difference in requirements between a EUSS Family Permit and Pre-Settled Status is where physically in the world you are at the time of application (if abroad, Family Permit; if in the UK Pre-Settled Status). I know from studying the caseworker guidance page 220-221, that a single day in the UK is enough to justify residence for a month, take a look at the two last examples of evidence:
• a passport stamp confirming entry at the UK border - this will be treated as
evidence of residence for the month of entry
• a used travel ticket confirming previous inbound travel to the UK - this will be
treated as evidence of residence for the month of entry
So as long as people apply immediately after arriving, it seems to me that there is little else they need, in terms of proof of UK residence, to get Pre-Settled Status.

The same proof of identity and relationship to EU sponsor need of course to be supplied.

But others can correct of confirm my understanding.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.