ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS pre-settled application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LucasFa
Newly Registered
Mood:

EUSS pre-settled application

Post by LucasFa » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:37 am

Hi everyone,

Quick background story for you all.
Lived in the UK from March 2017 til end of Jan 2020 before going for holiday purpose with my partner (not married) and children visit family after their birth in March 2019. Locked outside of country because of pandemic. Forgot to apply for EUSS before holidays.
My partner got accepted for Settled status as she was in the UK for longer than me. We forgot to apply for our children as we didnt know we had to and didnt thought it was relevant of we were allowed (application for my children have now been made using my partner UAN, as they should be entitled to the same right as one of the parent). Applied before the deadline but saw it refused at first because I couldn’t provide with a proof of address 6months prior to application.
Contacted HO which stated that I should redo my application stating that I wasn’t able to fly back because of pandemic and make use of my right to be outside of the country for an extra 12 months period as stated by the covid guidelines.

So application made in April 2021, refusal received end of August 2021, new application with relevant information provided mid September 2021.

Today I’ve received the following email from HO.

Code: Select all

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application. To complete our consideration we require the following additional information or evidence to help us to make sure we reach the correct decision:

If you were in the UK before 11pm on the 31st December 2020, please provide the following:

One piece of evidence dated within the six months before your application, and
One piece of evidence dated between June 2020 and 31st December 2020.
If you were not in the UK before 11pm on the 31st December 2020, please provide the following evidence:

Name of your relevant EEA sponsor
UAN for the application your sponsor has made under EUSS
Evidence of relationship to your sponsor (for example a marriage/birth certificate)
This is because our automated checks did not confirm your residence in the UK and Islands.
We were currently looking for flat in the UK to be able to come back with our children and were hoping to move back in before the end of the summer. But receiving this doesnt put me at ease if its to have a refusal on my application a day or so before flying or a day or so after arriving in the UK.

From my understanding as I still cannot prove my residency 6month prior to 30th December 2020 what should i provide them with ? Employment contract in the UK for my entire stay ? Proof of relationship with my partner ? Birth certificate of the kids ? Joint bank account ?

Im asking this because I really dont want to go through a Visa application that would require me to pay when technically i was entitled to pre-settled status.
So I’m coming to you asking what should I provide in order to make sure I do not forget anything that could be relevant to them into accepting my application.

Many thanks to you all !

PS : Sorry for format and writing style. Currently doing this from my phone.

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: EUSS pre-settled application

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:34 pm

I think you should provide:

1. Any proof to show you were UK resident between 01/06/2020 and 31/12/2020. This can be any physical transaction in UK, i.e. you used your credit card/debit card to pay at a a UK restaurant/train stations/taxi/bus... It doesn't matter if that's a UK card or foreign card so long as you can prove that transaction happened in UK and you are the card holder.
If you worked in UK between June and December 2020, any payslip/employer statement confirming your employment/bank statement showing salary received can help. If you didn't work, any bills in your name/ any dentist or GP statement confirming they have seen you in UK on a specific date can also help.
In the worst scenario, you can perhaps rely on any flight ticket booking confirmation during this period and perhaps contact the airline to confirm this ticket was used.

2. You should justify your single period of absence is due to Covid-19 or justify that absence is for another important reason such as pregnancy/study or any other reason listed as an important reason on the rules. You can find more detail on the Covid guidance/ Single period of absence guidance online and try to provide as much evidence as you can.

3. You should prove that after your permitted long absence for an important reason, you returned to UK on time and after that date, you have lived in UK continuously. The acceptable evidence is listed online.

Hopefully, they can accept it! I do feel based on the current rule, it should be fine if you prepare the evidence very carefully and reply to their enquiries on time.

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:41 pm

Your children's status shouldn't be affected if their parents didn't apply for them on time, and they still have right to apply by themselves after the deadline. It's one of the listed reasonable grounds to miss the deadline for children.

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:53 pm

As you have been absent from UK for more than 12 months in a row, you have to be very careful when justifying your absence. Since it's longer than 12 months, you can only justify it by proving you were prevented to come back to UK within 12 months from January 2020, and you can't say it's your choice.
But I don't think you should be too worried, as your spouse has already got Settled Status. You can apply for a family permit based on her settled status or apply for another residence permit after your children have been granted settled status.

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Sorry when I wrote my first reply I didn't realize you have been absent from Jan 2020 to April 2021, so I said it shouldn't be a problem and wrote how you could provide evidence from June 2020 to December 2020.
I wouldn't disappoint you, but you may need to be very careful with this issue as they are normally more strict when you have an absence exceeds 12 months in a row. You must try really hard to get any evidence to prove it was inevitable for you to exceed the 12-month max. absence limit. As based on the original EU rule, you can't have an absence of more than 12 months neither.
As you were not in UK between June and December 2020, you should also provide residence evidence before Jan 2020. This can be useful if they accept your absence for more than 12 months from Jan 2020 to April 2021. But I feel the successful possibility might be 30-50% unless you had a close family member who tested positive right before you reached the 12-month absence limit which prevented you from coming back.
Maybe planning a family permit is not a bad idea. If it's impossible, you can definitely get a residence as custodian of your settled children.