ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is CSI needed?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Morbeous
Newly Registered

is CSI needed?

Post by Morbeous » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:42 pm

I am a British citizen and I returned to the UK with my non EU wife via the Surinder Singh route in 2020 and she was granted pre-settled status early 2021. My question is as we save all the documents required for when we apply for Settled status will she still need to have CSI? From what i have heard she will no longer need this. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: is CSI needed?

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:41 pm

CSI is no longer needed after you get a grant of status under EUSS (applies to your wie too as she has pre-settled status). See here https://the3million.org.uk/node/1100851263
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Morbeous
Newly Registered

Re: is CSI needed?

Post by Morbeous » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:40 pm

thanks