ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying as Tier 4 student to EU citizen in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused888
Newly Registered

Marrying as Tier 4 student to EU citizen in UK

Post by confused888 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Hello,

I am a USA citizen and have the right to remain in the UK on a Tier 4 with a BRP until 2021. My boyfriend is an EU citizen without a settled status in the UK. We have been together for 9 years and would like to marry before my visa expires. Obviously with Brexit happening, we are unsure if this is possible, since he has not claimed settled status yet. He has moved back and forth from the UK, breaking the required consecutive five years for settled status. Would applying for pre-settled status make it easier for our marriage to be lawful?

We moved in together only recently and would like to know the requirements for proving our relationship beyond text messages, pictures of us together, and a shared address on our bank statements etc. My boyfriend is a freelancer, but he has not earned the £18,600 annual income over the past 4 years. Will this be an issue, even if I can prove I have sufficient funds to remain financially independent until I gain employment?

Thank you for whatever advice you can provide. We are genuinely grateful.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Marrying as Tier 4 student to EU citizen in UK

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm

This forum is about Tier 4 applications. There is a separate forum for EEA-related immigration issues which will be more relevant to you:

eea-route-applications/

However, I think you may be confusing and/or conflating some matters which have nothing to do with Brexit, such as the income requirement or the legality of a future marriage. I think you and your partner would probably benefit from professional advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.