ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP letter Template

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dellledd911
Sri Lanka

MP letter Template

Post by dellledd911 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi there,

I have applied for my settled status and it’s been 3 months after receiving COA and no updates yet. I have applied through a solicitor since it was applying through retained rights route. I have asked the solicitor to chase it up and they just keep asking me to be patient and wait for 6 months. I’m planning to write a letter to a MP to look into this. Has any of you got a template that you could share? I’ll be doing this by my own so I want to make sure I address it respectfully.

Thanks

Bazinga_

Re: MP letter Template

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:14 am

dellledd911 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:43 pm
Hi there,

I have applied for my settled status and it’s been 3 months after receiving COA and no updates yet. I have applied through a solicitor since it was applying through retained rights route. I have asked the solicitor to chase it up and they just keep asking me to be patient and wait for 6 months. I’m planning to write a letter to a MP to look into this. Has any of you got a template that you could share? I’ll be doing this by my own so I want to make sure I address it respectfully.

Thanks
Never mind a template. Your solicitors are right. It’s taking that long for some applications. Not much you MP can do really. But there isn’t a set template. You just write your request

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:08 pm

That's right. Home Office is acting with great impunity these days. A following response to my MP request was received: "In order to safeguard an individual’s personal information and comply with our obligations under the UK General Data Protection Regulation as tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018, we are limited in what information we can provide when a request for personal data is made by someone who is not the applicant. We are therefore unable to provide you with information about Ms XXXX".

Go figure out while faceless and meritless bureaucrat is checking Facebook at work

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:07 am

dellledd911 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:43 pm
Hi there,

Thanks
Hello

I have questions for you, if you don't mind helping please.

1- when did you get married? and how long were you married for?
2- and after how long were you qualified for the settle status?
3- What documents have you provided for the retained rights application?
4- You have applied through the app by filming/downloading's all the documents you have provided?

Thank You