ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Urgent help] non-EEA unmarried partner Pre-settled status after relationship ended

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aajayy
Newly Registered
Ghana

[Urgent help] non-EEA unmarried partner Pre-settled status after relationship ended

Post by Aajayy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I am in a very confusing situation and am very appreciate it if somebody can give me advice here.

I am a non-EEA unmarried partner of a Irish citizen from and living in Northern Ireland. We have 3 kids together of young ages. I have being granted the pre settled status and am due for settled status in 2022.
The real problem is now my partner decided to break up with me because she wants to go down single. I read somewhere that if relationship breaks down it means I will lose my right to stay in the UK as I don’t have settled status. I don’t know what to do because i don’t know if it will affect me in 2 years when I want to apply for settled status. I have moved out of the shared house but
We are in good talking terms because of the kids.
Please any advice will be appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: [Urgent help] non-EEA unmarried partner Pre-settled status after relationship ended

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Hello

The UK is particularly weak when it comes to protecting foreign parents rights to access to children.

There are many other countries in Europe where if you are parent of a local child, they can't make you leave no matter what but it's not the case in the UK.

It's always important to get married if you are to build a family and have kids. I know already a few people who had to leave the UK and probably won't see their children for many years.

In your case, unmarried partner doesn't open any retained right. You are in the UK only to be your partner and nothing else. If the relation collapses, your status is compromised. Actually, nothing may happens until you try to apply for Settled status and then it will be refused.

Try to find other options such as a getting a Tier 2 from your employer.

Aajayy
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: [Urgent help] non-EEA unmarried partner Pre-settled status after relationship ended

Post by Aajayy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Okay Thanks

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:51 pm

Aajayy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Hi all,

I am in a very confusing situation and am very appreciate it if somebody can give me advice here.

I am a non-EEA unmarried partner of a Irish citizen from and living in Northern Ireland. We have 3 kids together of young ages. I have being granted the pre settled status and am due for settled status in 2022.
The real problem is now my partner decided to break up with me because she wants to go down single. I read somewhere that if relationship breaks down it means I will lose my right to stay in the UK as I don’t have settled status. I don’t know what to do because i don’t know if it will affect me in 2 years when I want to apply for settled status. I have moved out of the shared house but
We are in good talking terms because of the kids.
Please any advice will be appreciated.
I am assuming that children were born in Northern Ireland and are therefore British and Irish citizens.
You are lawfully resident and considering you have access to your children I can't see why a Flr FP as a parent should fail.