ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU mother - proof of dependency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smartkhan
Member of Standing

EUSS - non EU mother documents required

Post by smartkhan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:55 pm

Hi,

I'm Danish national with settlement status.
I got that paper visa with UAN.

I was living in UK before 31st December 2020 but then moved back to Denmark.

Now I want to apply EUSS settlement visa for my mother. What documents are required?

Do I need to be in UK ao my mother can I apply?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Non EU mother - proof of dependency

Post by smartkhan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:41 am

Hi,

My brother who is EU national living in UK with settlement status wants to apply mother's EU settlement family permit. But we need to provide dependency proof now.

1) Is doctor's letter enough to prove dependency?

2) If not, how many months bank statements is required? What's the minimum amount per month should be sent?

3) What's the best way to prove dependency other than bank statement?

We have proof of money sent but that was sent to our another brother's account who lives with mother. Not in mother's account 😥

LillyPearl
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU mother - proof of dependency

Post by LillyPearl » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:45 pm

Send your mother a small amount of money, say £200, via Western Union or other similar money transfer service. Use the receipt as proof of financial dependency.
Money tranfer service NOT bank transfer, because then you will have to submit bank documents for verification.
That's what we did, following advice from immigration solicitor. No need to bother doctors, priests or anyone else.