ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU spose pre - settled BRC exchange timeline

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Non EU spose pre - settled BRC exchange timeline

Post by Skem non EU » Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi to all!
Obtained my BRC in December 2018, which is valid till December 2023.
Pre-settled status granted in May 2019.
I'm a bit confused if my BRC will be valid after 30 June 2021 after reading this: https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card where saying card will be valid. And reading this:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service I decided to replace my valid BRC.
I'm sure there are many in the same situation, so you can comment or advise please.

My steps:
Apply for replacement of BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme 17/05/2021 - no payment required.
Redirected to UKVCAS to book an appoitment. After registering there, confirmation e-mail saying I need to wait for an e-mail from UKVCAS to my registered email address called "Important information about your application to UKVI" as BRP/BRC replacement applicants will not be able to book an appointment immediately as UKVI need to check an application. Another e-mail from UKVCAS "will be in touch once we have heard from UKVI to tell you to either use the IDV app or to book a UKVCAS appointment". I were hoping they will reuse my biometrics and send me an IDV app, so I don't need to book an appointment. Finally on 21/05/2021 an e-mail from UKVCAS saying: "UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not able to use the IDV app to progress your application. This means you must book a UKVCAS appointment."
Booked a free available appointment on 17/06/2021

Do I need to pay for biometrics?
At my appointment will be my valid BRC taken away or I can continue to use it while waiting for a new one?
How long I should wait for replacement after biometrics done?
Thanks for your help!

Bazinga_

Re: Non EU spose pre - settled BRC exchange timeline

Post by Bazinga_ » Mon May 24, 2021 5:09 pm

Skem non EU wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm
Hi to all!
Obtained my BRC in December 2018, which is valid till December 2023.
Pre-settled status granted in May 2019.
I'm a bit confused if my BRC will be valid after 30 June 2021 after reading this: https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card where saying card will be valid. And reading this:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service I decided to replace my valid BRC.
I'm sure there are many in the same situation, so you can comment or advise please.

My steps:
Apply for replacement of BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme 17/05/2021 - no payment required.
Redirected to UKVCAS to book an appoitment. After registering there, confirmation e-mail saying I need to wait for an e-mail from UKVCAS to my registered email address called "Important information about your application to UKVI" as BRP/BRC replacement applicants will not be able to book an appointment immediately as UKVI need to check an application. Another e-mail from UKVCAS "will be in touch once we have heard from UKVI to tell you to either use the IDV app or to book a UKVCAS appointment". I were hoping they will reuse my biometrics and send me an IDV app, so I don't need to book an appointment. Finally on 21/05/2021 an e-mail from UKVCAS saying: "UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not able to use the IDV app to progress your application. This means you must book a UKVCAS appointment."
Booked a free available appointment on 17/06/2021

Do I need to pay for biometrics?
At my appointment will be my valid BRC taken away or I can continue to use it while waiting for a new one?
How long I should wait for replacement after biometrics done?
Thanks for your help!
Hi. No, you don’t need to pay for biometrics as you’ve managed to book a free appointment.

The assessor at the centre will give you back all your physical documents after checking or scanning so you can continue to use.

Mine took just over a month to come.

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Just about my biometrics appointment. I uploaded my supporting documents on-line: driving license, council tax bill, signed consent form. With printed appointment confirmation arrive 15 min prior to appointment, but they call me straight in. It took about 15 min. to do my biometrics, photo, and some checks. Any way they noted new a scar on my thumb. After a while she said not to worry, this will not affect an application. After all done they submitted biometrics to HO, and I was free to go.. Now just wondering how long will take them to do the rest? Started my application a month ago and because I was looking for a free appointment it took 30 days to submit my biometrics.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Skem non EU wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 pm
Now just wondering how long will take them to do the rest? Started my application a month ago and because I was looking for a free appointment it took 30 days to submit my biometrics.
It doesn't matter how long ago you got your status or how long ago you started the process. What matters is your biometrics appointment date. As of the most recent report, receipt of the card is 10 weeks / 2.5 months from biometrics date. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:25 pm

Just got an e-mail from APAD:

Dear Mr.....

Ref: 1234567890

Thank you for your application for a replacement Biometric Residence Card (BRC) issued under the EU Settlement Scheme. The replacement card will be sent to you under separate cover. You should receive your card within 7 working days. However, if you do not receive the card(s) within 10 working days of the date of this email, please use the service at www.gov.uk/brp. Alternatively, you can send your full name, date of birth, nationality and contact details by post to:

POL Returns PO Box 195

Bristol

BS20 1AB

Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your replacement BRC.

You did not provide your previous BRC in support of your application. It has been cancelled and is no longer valid for use. You must return it as soon as possible to the above address, so that it can be securely destroyed. Please return the cancelled card in a plain envelope (one without a window) together with a copy of this letter or a covering note which clearly explains the reason for return.

If you wish to update your new BRC or your current Passport or National Identity Document to use with your Digital Status, you should use the service at: https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details. You will need to use the identity document and contact details you gave when you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to use this service, unless you have already used this service to update them.

This email is intended for the above addressee and if received in error, should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by replying to this email.

Please note, any further enquiries will not be responded to. All further enquiries should be directed to gov.uk.

Yours sincerely

Xxxxx

BRCE Casework Team

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Almost 10 weeks as I been told. But they state that my current BRP which expires on 12.2023 is invalid now! They asked me to return it, should I return it after a new one arrives? And if I working Monday-Friday how can I sign for it? Is there any way to collect from the courier?

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:34 pm

Skem non EU wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 pm
Almost 10 weeks as I been told. But they state that my current BRP which expires on 12.2023 is invalid now! They asked me to return it, should I return it after a new one arrives? And if I working Monday-Friday how can I sign for it? Is there any way to collect from the courier?
Please 10 weeks after biometric finger or submitting application

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:38 pm

Skem non EU wrote:
Return old one and update new one online
One question which delivery you collected tnt or no ???

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:34 pm
Skem non EU wrote:
Please 10 weeks after biometric finger or submitting application
10 weeks after biometric finger

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:46 pm

Soso12 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:38 pm
Skem non EU wrote:
Return old one and update new one online
One question which delivery you collected tnt or no ???
I have no idea - I got only this e-mail...

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 am

Skem non EU wrote:
You can call TNT a couple of days after this email so maybe next Wednesday and they can give you a consignment number to track delivery and take the day off.

You don’t need to return the old one yet. Wait till new one arrives and you update new one online then send it back. They don’t give any timeline as to when you should send the EEA issued one back. Hold on to it till you get new one.

According to posts here, even though they’ve mentioned it being cancelled, it isn’t till you actually update your online status with new one and they actually email you co confirm it has been updated. So hold on to it.

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 am

Bazinga_ wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 am
Skem non EU wrote:
You can call TNT a couple of days after this email so maybe next Wednesday and they can give you a consignment number to track delivery and take the day off.

You don’t need to return the old one yet. Wait till new one arrives and you update new one online then send it back. They don’t give any timeline as to when you should send the EEA issued one back. Hold on to it till you get new one.

According to posts here, even though they’ve mentioned it being cancelled, it isn’t till you actually update your online status with new one and they actually email you co confirm it has been updated. So hold on to it.
Thank you very much for exlenation!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Bazinga_ wrote:

Exactly. I believe the notice of the card being cancelled is just an old canned notification that applies to other types of card but not too EEA cards, the HO has demonstrated a deep lack of attention to how they communicate the details of EU applications, spreading much confusion around.

As of what we can have been able to gather here through first-hand accounts, EEA cards are valid until their printed expiration date and they keep attached to the electronic status unless you specifically attach it to the new card.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Skem non EU
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Skem non EU » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm
Bazinga_ wrote:

Exactly. I believe the notice of the card being cancelled is just an old canned notification that applies to other types of card but not too EEA cards, the HO has demonstrated a deep lack of attention to how they communicate the details of EU applications, spreading much confusion around.

As of what we can have been able to gather here through first-hand accounts, EEA cards are valid until their printed expiration date and they keep attached to the electronic status unless you specifically attach it to the new card.
Finally, the card arrived today! They just drop through the letterbox, as no one was home.
My old card was valid till 12.2023, and my new card only till 05.2024. A couple of mounts more. It looks like was pointless to exchange... In 2 years will need to exchange again to settled status.
Good luck everyone!