ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

foggyhorse
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by foggyhorse » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I have been back in the UK for five years now after living in Malta for six months prior to that. She has a UK-issued EEA residence card so I'm wondering whether, when applying for settled status, we actually need to provide all the evidence (again) that shows we lived and worked in Malta? Has anyone in a similar position done so, or is the fact she has said card evidence enough? Also, am I right in assuming that the main evidence one needs to provide in these circumstances is paperwork to prove we've been living together in the UK for the past 5 years? Things like bank statements, council tax bills etc...

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Lee8889
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 am

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Lee8889 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi,

Apologies if i missed it previously, but has anybody got a list of required documents that has to be sent with the settlement scheme application form for Surinder Singh? Perhaps someone has a blank copy of an application form they could share?

My wife and I are planning to move to the UK in the summer and we are just trying to get ahead of the game and have as much documentation etc. ready for when we arrive in the UK, so to be able to read through the form would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Lee

RepublicofScot2020
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:54 pm
Mood:

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by RepublicofScot2020 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm

foggyhorse wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi all,

My wife and I have been back in the UK for five years now after living in Malta for six months prior to that. She has a UK-issued EEA residence card so I'm wondering whether, when applying for settled status, we actually need to provide all the evidence (again) that shows we lived and worked in Malta? Has anyone in a similar position done so, or is the fact she has said card evidence enough? Also, am I right in assuming that the main evidence one needs to provide in these circumstances is paperwork to prove we've been living together in the UK for the past 5 years? Things like bank statements, council tax bills etc...

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Hi Craig,

My Non-EEA wife and I went through a similar route (Surinder Singh route route via Austria) & timescales. She has an EEA residence card and applied for settled status in December 2019.

The card should be enough and the Surinder Singh route paper application form you need to fill in should be straightforward. You and your partner though will probably have to also submit proof of UK residence for the last 5 years. My wife and I just sent of copies of the last 5 years worth of council tax bills, which so far seems to be enough.

No need to send all that centre of life nonsense again which I presume you did when you received a family permit 5 years ago... 8)

Good luck and please keep us updated how you get on.

RepublicofScot2020

timeline:
Nov 2014: Family permit issued
Jan 2015: Residence card issued
Nov 2019: Surinder Singh Settled status application form submitted
Dec 2019: bio
8 Jan 2020: COA received
settled status: waiting...

Lee8889
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 am

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Lee8889 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi,

Managed to find previous post with copy of the paper form etc. so now have details on requirements.

Another question I have is if it is possible to simply travel to the UK for a week or 2 to visit my family, which would show we had been "resident for 1 day in the last 6 months", request the paper form to be sent to my families address, return to Republic of Ireland and continue working here etc. as we have been, send the application form from here once my family has passed it on to us, then just wait for the decision as we carry on our lives here in the Republic of Ireland? We are very happy in our jobs here and saving plenty to buy a house in the future, so would be preferable to carry on as we are and not need to be looking for work in the UK just yet.

I spoke to 2 different people at the Resolution centre and they both said there would be no issue with this, but I like many others do not trust everything they advise!

For clarity, I am a British citizen, my wife non-eu, we should hopefully have the EEA Family Permit in the next 2 or 3 weeks (according to estimated time given), and would be applying for pre-settled status as we have not lived together in UK, only made a few visits.

Mdml07
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 pm
Venezuela

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Mdml07 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am

Hello everyone

I would like to update my timeline so you can have an idea about how things are currently going.

Form received by HO: 14th Oct 2019
Passport returned: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics letter received: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 24th Oct 2019
COA: 5th Nov 2019
Approval email received: 18th Feb 2020
BRC received (Pre-settled status): 20th Feb 2020

I wish you all good luck! From what I can notice, HO is taking around 20 weeks from Biometrics to decide at the moment.

All the best x

foggyhorse
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by foggyhorse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:37 am

RepublicofScot2020 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm
foggyhorse wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi all,

My wife and I have been back in the UK for five years now after living in Malta for six months prior to that. She has a UK-issued EEA residence card so I'm wondering whether, when applying for settled status, we actually need to provide all the evidence (again) that shows we lived and worked in Malta? Has anyone in a similar position done so, or is the fact she has said card evidence enough? Also, am I right in assuming that the main evidence one needs to provide in these circumstances is paperwork to prove we've been living together in the UK for the past 5 years? Things like bank statements, council tax bills etc...

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Hi Craig,

My Non-EEA wife and I went through a similar route (Surinder Singh route route via Austria) & timescales. She has an EEA residence card and applied for settled status in December 2019.

The card should be enough and the Surinder Singh route paper application form you need to fill in should be straightforward. You and your partner though will probably have to also submit proof of UK residence for the last 5 years. My wife and I just sent of copies of the last 5 years worth of council tax bills, which so far seems to be enough.

No need to send all that centre of life nonsense again which I presume you did when you received a family permit 5 years ago... 8)

Good luck and please keep us updated how you get on.

RepublicofScot2020

timeline:
Nov 2014: Family permit issued
Jan 2015: Residence card issued
Nov 2019: Surinder Singh Settled status application form submitted
Dec 2019: bio
8 Jan 2020: COA received
settled status: waiting...
Hi RepublicofScot2020,

Thanks. This is helpful. We're planning to submit council tax bills, bank statements and a few other bits and bobs to prove residence for the full five years.

One additional question. It seems you had to do biometrics? Reading the form, my take was that this was not necessary if you already possessed an EEA residence card?

Cheers,
Craig

Boo47
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:45 am

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Boo47 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:03 am

Hi,
Application form received 25/01/2020
Application submitted 30/01/2020
Passport returned 10/02/2020 with biometric letter
Biometric submitted 11/02/2020
COA not received yet

Khansaid
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:34 pm
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Khansaid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:43 pm

fazkhan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am
Khansaid wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 am
Airfan wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Khansaid wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:03 pm


Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay. I thought you applied for Ireland, my mistake as u lived in Ireland from 2015- 2017. Ok so applied from within UK, did you get a visa to get to uk or the 5 years Irish RC was enough to move to UK and live there since 2017?
Just for information though, EU citizens can make complaints to SOLVIT online stating the difficulties an EU citizen and their families facing. SOLVIT have a direct contact with each EU country's HO.

Regards
Yes the Irish RC was enough to move to the UK and live here since 2017, provided spouse stayed in employment within 3 months of returning to the UK, which she did. The EEA family permit should generally have been applied for though to prove right of work etc, but it is not a requirement.
Hi Airfan

Thanks very much for the replay much appreciated. Also many Congratulations on your pre settled. Anything new post Brixit or changes shared would appreciated as well.
Regards
Hi would I also need to prove of job in the UK or my British suponser need to prove of job?
Hi

Actually I am not sure. As for as I am aware only the EU citizen need to start working in the first three months. Better make sure though.

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by ryuzaki » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Mdml07 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am
Hello everyone

I would like to update my timeline so you can have an idea about how things are currently going.

Form received by HO: 14th Oct 2019
Passport returned: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics letter received: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 24th Oct 2019
COA: 5th Nov 2019
Approval email received: 18th Feb 2020
BRC received (Pre-settled status): 20th Feb 2020

I wish you all good luck! From what I can notice, HO is taking around 20 weeks from Biometrics to decide at the moment.

All the best x
Thanks for that. we applied before you and still have not received a decision.

Did you do anything to hurry them up or just wait? I called but they couldn't tell me anything, thinking of trying my MP although she is fairly useless.

Mdml07
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 pm
Venezuela

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Mdml07 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm
Mdml07 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 am
Hello everyone

I would like to update my timeline so you can have an idea about how things are currently going.

Form received by HO: 14th Oct 2019
Passport returned: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics letter received: 22nd Oct 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 24th Oct 2019
COA: 5th Nov 2019
Approval email received: 18th Feb 2020
BRC received (Pre-settled status): 20th Feb 2020

I wish you all good luck! From what I can notice, HO is taking around 20 weeks from Biometrics to decide at the moment.

All the best x
Thanks for that. we applied before you and still have not received a decision.

Did you do anything to hurry them up or just wait? I called but they couldn't tell me anything, thinking of trying my MP although she is fairly useless.
Hello

All I did so far during all these 4 months was sending two emails to the centre and phoned them once in January. I went to visit my MP and left my details but she didnt get back to me confirming she contacted the EU Resolution Centre, so I cannot assure you that she did it for now. In my opinion, its worth trying.

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Ours finally came. It took over 5 months!

Thanks for your help.

A Canadian
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:59 pm
Canada

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by A Canadian » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:57 pm
Ours finally came. It took over 5 months!

Thanks for your help.
Congratulations, Ryuzaki! I've been waiting for 2 months so guess I should brace myself for 3 more... did you do anything to speed it up (call, write, MP?) or did you just wait patiently? It's a long time to wait... did you travel in the mean time?

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by lifeandfate » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:02 am

I hadn't heard from the HO for a while so I was thinking about my wife's application while trying to get myself out of bed – got up and switched the computer on to post on the forum and that exact second got a text from my wife saying "I got a text 'Your UK Visa & Immigration item(s) are scheduled for delivery today". A bit weird! Anyway I have my wife's card in my hand now.

We sent a German paper vignette so my wife got a credit card size residence card.

My timeline.
8 October: Call and request a paper form.
11 October: get the paper form
16 October: send the form with all the necessary evidence and documents.
19 October: Receive back our passports and National ID (HK national id, sadly not an EEA one). With a biometrics form.
19 October: Submit biometrics immediately at the Post Office
30 October: Receive COA (letter sent 28 October).
6 March: Receive COA.

lifeandfate
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by lifeandfate » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 am

It won't let me edit for some reason, that should say.

6 March: RECIEVE RESIDENCE CARD.

Total time: 5 Months from first calling Home Office.

nol
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:46 pm
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by nol » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi all,

I applied for the settle status about 6 months ago. However, I am still awaiting for a decision.

Here is my timeline

Form received by HO: 10th of Sept 2019
Form Sent:24th Sept 2019
Passport returned: 30th Sept 2019
Biometrics letter received: 30th Sept 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 30th Sept 2019
COA: 26th Oct 2019
Approval email received: ***Waiting***
BRC received (Pre-settled status): ***Waiting***

I contacted my MP last week, and 2 days ago I received an email from her saying they contacted the Home Office and they should receive a response in 20 days.

Let's see what happens, this situation is being frustrating and is causing some anxiety issues. :(

worrieduk
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by worrieduk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi all. I’ve been checking my husband’s status everyday online and it said “details don’t match our records” but today I checked and the following message showed up:

We cannot find your status
This might be because your application is in progress.

Even if you do not have settled status, you may have continuing rights to stay in the UK as an EU citizen or as a family member of an EU citizen under the Free Movement Directive or under existing immigration law. You can evidence this using your ID document or an immigration document issued by the Home Office.

I wonder what this means. I really hope it’s not a refusal. Did anyone else get this before finding out the result of their application?

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already 😭

A Canadian
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:59 pm
Canada

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by A Canadian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:26 am

worrieduk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi all. I’ve been checking my husband’s status everyday online and it said “details don’t match our records” but today I checked and the following message showed up:

We cannot find your status
This might be because your application is in progress.

Even if you do not have settled status, you may have continuing rights to stay in the UK as an EU citizen or as a family member of an EU citizen under the Free Movement Directive or under existing immigration law. You can evidence this using your ID document or an immigration document issued by the Home Office.

I wonder what this means. I really hope it’s not a refusal. Did anyone else get this before finding out the result of their application?

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already 😭
Hi WORRIEDUK, would you mind sharing which link you're using, as the 'old' link I have hasn't worked for me over the past 2 weeks?

Your message probably means that they've updated the system as over the past two weeks I got a message that said that the system is not currently working and to try again later....

worrieduk
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by worrieduk » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:11 am

A Canadian wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:26 am
worrieduk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi all. I’ve been checking my husband’s status everyday online and it said “details don’t match our records” but today I checked and the following message showed up:

We cannot find your status
This might be because your application is in progress.

Even if you do not have settled status, you may have continuing rights to stay in the UK as an EU citizen or as a family member of an EU citizen under the Free Movement Directive or under existing immigration law. You can evidence this using your ID document or an immigration document issued by the Home Office.

I wonder what this means. I really hope it’s not a refusal. Did anyone else get this before finding out the result of their application?

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already 😭
Hi WORRIEDUK, would you mind sharing which link you're using, as the 'old' link I have hasn't worked for me over the past 2 weeks?

Your message probably means that they've updated the system as over the past two weeks I got a message that said that the system is not currently working and to try again later....
Hey! This is the site I check.

https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

nol
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:46 pm
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by nol » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:01 am

worrieduk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi all. I’ve been checking my husband’s status everyday online and it said “details don’t match our records” but today I checked and the following message showed up:

We cannot find your status
This might be because your application is in progress.

Even if you do not have settled status, you may have continuing rights to stay in the UK as an EU citizen or as a family member of an EU citizen under the Free Movement Directive or under existing immigration law. You can evidence this using your ID document or an immigration document issued by the Home Office.

I wonder what this means. I really hope it’s not a refusal. Did anyone else get this before finding out the result of their application?

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already 😭
What document did you use to check it, passport or brp?

worrieduk
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by worrieduk » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:11 am

nol wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:01 am
worrieduk wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:48 pm
Hi all. I’ve been checking my husband’s status everyday online and it said “details don’t match our records” but today I checked and the following message showed up:

We cannot find your status
This might be because your application is in progress.

Even if you do not have settled status, you may have continuing rights to stay in the UK as an EU citizen or as a family member of an EU citizen under the Free Movement Directive or under existing immigration law. You can evidence this using your ID document or an immigration document issued by the Home Office.

I wonder what this means. I really hope it’s not a refusal. Did anyone else get this before finding out the result of their application?

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already 😭
What document did you use to check it, passport or brp?
Just his passport number.

Post Reply
cron