ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad when application with Home Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

beautifulday1
Mood:

Travel abroad when application with Home Office

Post by beautifulday1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello everyone, hope everyone is okay. I have a quick query and hope someone can provide me some suggestions.
I have applied for PR as a non EU married with an EU. Biometric already given, received the COA and now waiting for the decision. I requested to get my passport back and have received my passport already. I am planning to travel abroad but the problem is, when the home office returned my passport they included a letter which is abvicing not to travel abroad unless it is very urgent. They also mentioned that if I travel abroad than I may have to apply for a family permit which I can get from UK airport on the way back. But my question is, I have still a valid residence card untill February 2019 and it is stamped in my passport. It is an old version RC and not the biometric one. So can I travel with this residence card? If I can then why the Home Office is telling me to apply for FP? My traveling is not urgent, just want to go for a short break with my wife. Do you think if I travel at this time before receiving any decision from HO can create complexity at the airport on the way back?
You guys are so amazing and would like to receive some advice from the gurus. Many thanks.

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Re: Travel abroad when application with Home Office

Post by mamalicious187 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 pm

beautifulday1 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Hello everyone, hope everyone is okay. I have a quick query and hope someone can provide me some suggestions.
I have applied for PR as a non EU married with an EU. Biometric already given, received the COA and now waiting for the decision. I requested to get my passport back and have received my passport already. I am planning to travel abroad but the problem is, when the home office returned my passport they included a letter which is abvicing not to travel abroad unless it is very urgent. They also mentioned that if I travel abroad than I may have to apply for a family permit which I can get from UK airport on the way back. But my question is, I have still a valid residence card untill February 2019 and it is stamped in my passport. It is an old version RC and not the biometric one. So can I travel with this residence card? If I can then why the Home Office is telling me to apply for FP? My traveling is not urgent, just want to go for a short break with my wife. Do you think if I travel at this time before receiving any decision from HO can create complexity at the airport on the way back?
You guys are so amazing and would like to receive some advice from the gurus. Many thanks.
Quite tricky, I would have assumed since the PRC isn't going to be a sticker on your passport then it would be alright to travel.

However, since they have suggested you might have to apply for a family permit on your return then I would go for it as you still have a valid residency document which is in your possession (submitting an application for PRC doesn't render your EEA2 Document invalid) and your EU spouse would accompany you on this trip.

I do not think you should worry about anything.

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 am

Thank you very much for your opinion. Feeling little bit relief. 👍

beautifulday1
Mood:

Post by beautifulday1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:43 am

If anybody had similar situation like mine and had a practical experience while traveling then please share with me. Many thanks

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Post by mamalicious187 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:46 am

beautifulday1 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 am
Thank you very much for your opinion. Feeling little bit relief. 👍
You welcome, I would suggest you have as much evidence of co-habitation as possible, photocopies or originals as well in your possession during the scheduled trip.