ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa while running business in EU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Briton
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa while running business in EU

Post by Briton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Hey friends
I am new here, I am not sure if I am posting in right topic or not.
I need your advise.
I am British citizen but I am running my own business in France for the last 1 year. We got 1 child who is British citizen as well. I applied for my wife’s Franch visa twice from non-EU country but they rejected both times. I don’t want to apply again because of their rude behaviour.
Is it possible if I apply UK spouse visa while my business is in France?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: UK spouse visa while running business in EU

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 am

Hello

If you:

- Live in France
- Pay taxes in France
- Have your business/work in France

You are not, yourself, a UK resident despite having the British citizenship.

Your non-EU wife can't stay in the UK without you. You have to use EU routes in France to bring her with you there. Probably that's why the French authorities didn't want to give her a visa because the whole situation is not right.

What type of residence does you wife have at the moment? Is your child in France with you or does he live in the UK?