ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Helping indian husband find a job when he arrives?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Helping indian husband find a job when he arrives?

Post by Dora2015 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Any advice? He has a degree comparable to a UK masters degree in computer application which was taugh t in English. What job prospects would he have? At the start it would be good to apply for all jobs and then once he gets used to life in the UK he can apply for jobs that he'd be interested in...

Unemployment can be disheartening...have any of you had your spouses in a similar situation?

Casa

Re: Helping indian husband find a job when he arrives?

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Search for jobs in your area through Job Centre Plus online or Gumtree.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:37 am

Dora2015 wrote:Any advice? He has a degree comparable to a UK masters degree in computer application which was taugh t in English. What job prospects would he have? At the start it would be good to apply for all jobs and then once he gets used to life in the UK he can apply for jobs that he'd be interested in...

Unemployment can be disheartening...have any of you had your spouses in a similar situation?
Good prospects given suitable work experience & skillset.

What part of country are you in?

Join BCS and participate in local IT events hosted by BCS:
http://www.bcs.org/category/14670

Many events to attend & network at, apart from BCS - for example in London area, see:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/d/london/n ... &view=list
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Diba
Newly Registered

Post by Diba » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Dear Dora,

Are you British or living in the UK? Where are you living at the moment? Has your husband any ties with the UK (e.g. family members living there)?
If you are British or settled in the UK, the spouse route could be the easiest and most convenient route to bring your husband in the UK. This will allow him to get indefinite leave to remain in 5 years time and he will also have better chances to find a job in the UK.