Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello,

How are you, everyone? I have to ask something about work permit for UK. I applied for a job and I got an Offer Letter from a company. After that, they refer me to some lawyer for further documents submission and things. I got an email from a lawyer in detail and he asked me to pay some documents processing fee ~750 GBP. Please guide.

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:35 pm

What visa exactly is this you are applying for?

Is the employer offering you a job a licences sponsor on the HO approved list of sponsors?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I am not applying for any visa, my sponsored company going to apply for a work visa. Before they further proceed my job application, they refer me to lawyer and he said to pay fee ~750 GBP. I don`t know I am giving you right information. :|

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm

What exactly is this fee for?

Are you being asked to pay for a certificate of sponsorship??

A solicitor isnt required for a tier 2 general visa but you need a restricted certificate if sponsorship firs before YOU apply for a visa in your home country if all requirements are met.

Is the emoyer an HO approved sponsor??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm
What exactly is this fee for?

Are you being asked to pay for a certificate of sponsorship??

A solicitor isnt required for a tier 2 general visa but you need a restricted certificate if sponsorship firs before YOU apply for a visa in your home country if all requirements are met.

Is the emoyer an HO approved sponsor??
No HO approved sponsor, nor in Tier 2 and Tier 5 list.
Didn`t asked for a certificate.
Fee about to process my documents may be.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:34 pm

What is the job or position you have been offered?

Did you go through a full interview process?

If they are not an HO approved sponsor, you cannot get a work visa.

There is no "work permit" visa anymore. There is only tier 2 and for that only an HO approved employer can sponsor you and they must apply to HO for a restricted certificate of sponsorship for you before you can apply for a visa. Note it is not a physical certificate but an online thing.

The employer is also required to complete the full and proper resident labour market test before they can offer you a job.

How did you find out about the job?? Did they contact you out of the blue??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:34 pm
What is the job or position you have been offered?

Did you go through a full interview process?

If they are not an HO approved sponsor, you cannot get a work visa.

There is no "work permit" visa anymore. There is only tier 2 and for that only an HO approved employer can sponsor you and they must apply to HO for a restricted certificate of sponsorship for you before you can apply for a visa. Note it is not a physical certificate but an online thing.

The employer is also required to complete the full and proper resident labour market test before they can offer you a job.

How did you find out about the job?? Did they contact you out of the blue??
I applied for a job through a job portal, then they send me a questioner. i filled up that and after a week they send me an offer letter. i resend that letter with my signature. After that, they send me an email in which they mentioned some lawyer will contact me (company provide me full detail for that lawyer). After some hours lawyer did an email to me. Assistant Accountant position.
May be I am wrong about sponsor word.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:50 pm

So you got a job without an interview and they want you to pay some "lawyer" £750 to "process" a work permit for you???

Doesn't it sound dodgy and like a scam to you??

Only an HO approved employer can sponsor you for a visa.

You are only allowed to work for the sponsoring employer on a tier 2 visa. You cannot do contract work or work for an umbrella company etc.

There is no ther general work permit type visa for the UK. There are mandatory and strict requirements to be met for an employer to employer a highly skilled worker from outside EU and UK.

You have not said what job or position they have offered you in this offer letter????

It sounds like they are trying to scam you out of £750 and you get nothing in return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:50 pm
So you got a job without an interview and they want you to pay some "lawyer" £750 to "process" a work permit for you???

Doesn't it sound dodgy and like a scam to you??

Only an HO approved employer can sponsor you for a visa.

You are only allowed to work for the sponsoring employer on a tier 2 visa. You cannot do contract work or work for an umbrella company etc.

There is no ther general work permit type visa for the UK. There are mandatory and strict requirements to be met for an employer to employer a highly skilled worker from outside EU and UK.

You have not said what job or position they have offered you in this offer letter????

It sounds like they are trying to scam you out of £750 and you get nothing in return.
You have not said what job or position they have offered you in this offer letter????
Assistant Accountant mentioned in offer letter.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Are you a qualified accountant?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:54 pm

In appendix j if you Google, you would have to find the SOC, standard occupation code, to see if such a job qualifies at RQF level 6.

What salary are they offering you and how old are you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:54 pm
In appendix j if you Google, you would have to find the SOC, standard occupation code, to see if such a job qualifies at RQF level 6.

What salary are they offering you and how old are you??
they offering me 4700 GBP per month and 32 years old.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Your choice what you do but I wouldn't risk it. Definitely sounds like a scam and you will be £750 poorer.

Does the offer letter make any mention of finding your own contracts once you have a visa or the company charging you a % percentage of your salary each month as a fee/commission??

My first question to whoever you are emailing is when can you expect the restricted certificate if sponsorship approved by Jo so that you can apply for a visa. I would also ask what visa categerory exactly this is that they are "processing" for you.

As the saying goes, "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

Best to find a home office approved sponsor on the approved sponsor list and do it properly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khan_001
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Work Permit

Post by khan_001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:04 pm
Your choice what you do but I wouldn't risk it. Definitely sounds like a scam and you will be £750 poorer.

Does the offer letter make any mention of finding your own contracts once you have a visa or the company charging you a % percentage of your salary each month as a fee/commission??

My first question to whoever you are emailing is when can you expect the restricted certificate if sponsorship approved by Jo so that you can apply for a visa. I would also ask what visa categerory exactly this is that they are "processing" for you.

As the saying goes, "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

Best to find a home office approved sponsor on the approved sponsor list and do it properly.
Does the offer letter make any mention of finding your own contracts once you have a visa or the company charging you a % percentage of your salary each month as a fee/commission??
No such thing mentioned in OL.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 60538
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Work Permit

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Your choice then to riks it but as they are not an approved sponsor in the list, unlikely you will get anything and only lose your money.

It costs more than 750 by the way to apply for the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:01 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Work Permit

Post by James.Dunlop » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:11 pm

This looks like a scam. I suggest you avoid the company and keep applying for jobs. Eventually you should find a genuine employer
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

Post Reply
cron