ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for tourist visa while having already applied for residence permit for Sweden

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dimple rajain
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

applying for tourist visa while having already applied for residence permit for Sweden

Post by dimple rajain » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:05 am

My husband and I have residence permit for Sweden which is valid till June, 2020 . My husband went to Sweden in Oct,2019 and we were blessed with a baby girl on Aug, 2019. We applied for her residence card before his father left for Sweden. Two months has already passed and we haven't received no decision on the application. As I am here all alone looking after my baby and home..we decided to apply for visiting family and relatives visa for the baby ...for the time residence application is pending with Swidish Migration agency..but know travel visa of baby has been refused citing reason that they have doubts about her returning to India before expiry of visa. what can I do and how can i travel to Sweden as here i am facing difficulty in managing and looking after my baby all alone

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: applying for tourist visa while having already applied for residence permit for Sweden

Post by ALKB » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 am

dimple rajain wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:05 am
My husband and I have residence permit for Sweden which is valid till June, 2020 . My husband went to Sweden in Oct,2019 and we were blessed with a baby girl on Aug, 2019. We applied for her residence card before his father left for Sweden. Two months has already passed and we haven't received no decision on the application. As I am here all alone looking after my baby and home..we decided to apply for visiting family and relatives visa for the baby ...for the time residence application is pending with Swidish Migration agency..but know travel visa of baby has been refused citing reason that they have doubts about her returning to India before expiry of visa. what can I do and how can i travel to Sweden as here i am facing difficulty in managing and looking after my baby all alone
A child whose parents both hold residence permits clearly is not a tourist.

How long did processing of your own permit take?

Immigration is a tricky , stressful business. So is being new parents. Doing both at the same time may neither be wise nor practical but sometimes life just happens all at the same time.

Can you move to your parents or parents-in-law while waiting for your baby's visa?

If not, could you hire a cleaner/housekeeper to take some burden off you?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.