ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blue Card application processing time - when you have conflicting advice

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SallyAnn
Newly Registered
China

Blue Card application processing time - when you have conflicting advice

Post by SallyAnn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi, so I submitted a Blue Card work visa via the German consulate in London (where I live and work right now). I was told by the consulate when I was submitting my application at the counter that it would take only 1-2 weeks to process my application. She told me to make sure I am around during this 1-2 week period. I agreed. Now it's been 3.5 weeks and I have not heard from them. Our company's lawyer checked with the local foreinger's office in Germany and they claimed that they can see in their system that my application is submitted at the UK German Embassy, but the Embassy hasn't forwarded my application to the local authorities in Germany yet. I tried to call the consulate but the line has been busy and I couldn't get through. I emailed the consulate to confirm if they have all my documents and if everything is okay. No answer. Does this sound normal? That it would take the Embassy 3-4 weeks alone to just forward our applications to local authorities in Germany to process? How long does it take these days to process an EU Blue Card through Germany? Thanks in advance for anyone who could shed some light!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Blue Card application processing time - when you have conflicting advice

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am

Hi. Sorry I can't provide you a timeframe. But I just wanted to say that anything is possible with embassies, although rather rare with German one.

Could you get your company lawyer to chase after them for you?
SallyAnn wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 pm
Hi, so I submitted a Blue Card work visa via the German consulate in London (where I live and work right now). I was told by the consulate when I was submitting my application at the counter that it would take only 1-2 weeks to process my application. She told me to make sure I am around during this 1-2 week period. I agreed. Now it's been 3.5 weeks and I have not heard from them. Our company's lawyer checked with the local foreinger's office in Germany and they claimed that they can see in their system that my application is submitted at the UK German Embassy, but the Embassy hasn't forwarded my application to the local authorities in Germany yet. I tried to call the consulate but the line has been busy and I couldn't get through. I emailed the consulate to confirm if they have all my documents and if everything is okay. No answer. Does this sound normal? That it would take the Embassy 3-4 weeks alone to just forward our applications to local authorities in Germany to process? How long does it take these days to process an EU Blue Card through Germany? Thanks in advance for anyone who could shed some light!