ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizens resident in the EU and passport stamps

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

British citizens resident in the EU and passport stamps

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 pm

TheLocal.DE - Do Britons returning to the EU need to worry if their passports are stamped?
There are reports that French border officials are routinely stamping all passports, while The Local has been contacted by Britons returning to Sweden, Germany and other EU countries who have also had an entry date stamped in their passport.
British in Germany are currently speaking to authorities and asking them to formally address this issue.

The Local has asked British government representatives and the EU Commission for a response and for advice for those citizens who have had their passports stamped.

Meanwhile the British embassy in France has tried to reassure UK residents in France.

In a Facebook post they wrote: "Your rights in France will not be affected if your passport is incorrectly or unnecessarily stamped.

If you are a 🇬🇧 national resident in 🇫🇷, you shouldn't need your passport stamped on arrival in France. But if it is, don't worry- see here for more details: https://t.co/b0CN97e46p

— British in France (@BritishinFrance) January 4, 2021

"It will also not affect your ability to apply for a Withdrawal Agreement Residency permit as long as you can demonstrate that you were settled in France by 31 December 2020.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizens resident in the EU and passport stamps

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:34 pm

Any reports of EU citizens receiving entry stamps at the UK Border?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.