ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get a German Spouse Reunifcation Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alli_ra
Newly Registered
Australia

Can I get a German Spouse Reunifcation Visa

Post by Alli_ra » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:00 am

My partner has just received a job offer for a two year contract in Hamburg as a Systems Engineer, starting in March next year. They will apply for his work visa for him and we are quite sure there will be no problem with it being approved. I am not sure about myself however. It looks as if I will be unable to secure an individual work visa for myself, as I do not have any formal qualifications or a degree, but I am hoping that I will be able to join my partner in Germany under a spouse reunification visa.

What is the likelihood of getting approved for such a visa? Could I apply for a spouse visa as soon as my partner gets his residency approved or would he have to be working in Germany for a certain amount of time before I would be able to claim a reunification visa? Also does it matter how long we have been married for? We are actually getting married on 3rd of January, so we will be legally married spouses with a certificate by the time his work contract starts.

He will have an annual salary of approx 77k euro so will be able to support me financially. We can also demonstrate joint savings of a significant amount of money to support ourselves for two years also. We are both Australian citizens, 34 years old, no criminal history, and no dependents.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Can I get a German Spouse Reunifcation Visa

Post by ALKB » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Alli_ra wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:00 am
My partner has just received a job offer for a two year contract in Hamburg as a Systems Engineer, starting in March next year. They will apply for his work visa for him and we are quite sure there will be no problem with it being approved. I am not sure about myself however. It looks as if I will be unable to secure an individual work visa for myself, as I do not have any formal qualifications or a degree, but I am hoping that I will be able to join my partner in Germany under a spouse reunification visa.

What is the likelihood of getting approved for such a visa? Could I apply for a spouse visa as soon as my partner gets his residency approved or would he have to be working in Germany for a certain amount of time before I would be able to claim a reunification visa? Also does it matter how long we have been married for? We are actually getting married on 3rd of January, so we will be legally married spouses with a certificate by the time his work contract starts.

He will have an annual salary of approx 77k euro so will be able to support me financially. We can also demonstrate joint savings of a significant amount of money to support ourselves for two years also. We are both Australian citizens, 34 years old, no criminal history, and no dependents.
With that salary, he should qualify for a BlueCard, which makes things a lot easier for you than with a regular work permit. (You don't need to show German language skills, get immediate access to the job market, etc.)

It does not matter how long yo have been married as long as you are married at the point of application.

You can apply with him or, as an Australian, you could even enter as a tourist and apply in-country.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.