ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Tourist Visa for non-EU Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raftery93
Newly Registered
Ireland

French Tourist Visa for non-EU Spouse

Post by Raftery93 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:24 pm

Hi all,

I am new to immigration boards so if this is the wrong location for this topic then please feel free to move it.

I am looking for someone who has experience in dealing with the French Embassy in Dublin, specifically the visa office.

I am an Irish citizen who is married to an Indian citizen. We have planned a trip to France on the 17th of May. My wife recently obtained a visa appointment in Dublin, and after this appointment, she was told that her passport with visa stamp will be sent out via post. They stated that this would be sent on the 28th of April, and could take 2 days to arrive (depending on An Post).

We still have not received the passport (although it is only 2 days passed their stated date), but when we log in to track the progress of the visa the following message appears:

“ The decision concerning your application has been reached. If it has not yet been communicated to you,
you may as of now visit the Visa Section of the French EMBASSY in DUBLIN(*)

(*) When you submitted your visa application, if you said you intended to collect your visa from another diplomatic or consular representation, you should also contact that representation before going there. “

We have not received and communication from the visa office, and we are wondering if the above message should be of concern, or is this a standard message for when the visa application is complete?

We are getting a bit worried as the holiday is only 2 weeks away, and we are not sure if we have to go through another application or what is the scene.

If anyone has any input to offer us it would be greatly appreciated.

KR’s,
Conor