ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jamaican with UK residence card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fortcharllote
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Jamaican with UK residence card

Post by fortcharllote » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:23 pm

I am a Jamaican and my wife is British, we want to travel to italy for a few days in November. I previously had a Schengen Visa but it has expired. I am a bit confused now as I have been hearing that I don't need a visa if I am traveling with my wife. Is this true?

Are Visas issued on arrival in the member state? Would I be issued with a Visa on arrival in Italy if I don't have one issued in the UK. Do we have to present our marriage certificate or is this information on their systems, having submitted it previously?

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Jamaican with UK residence card

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Do you have a BRP issued under the UK Immigration Rules? If so, you still need to apply for a Schengen visa, albeit as the family member of an EEA citizen.

You do not need a visa if you have a Biometric Residence Card issued under the EEA Regulations, with the words "Family Member of a Union citizen" mentioned on it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

fortcharllote
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Re: Jamaican with UK residence card

Post by fortcharllote » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:24 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 pm
Do you have a BRP issued under the UK Immigration Rules? If so, you still need to apply for a Schengen visa, albeit as the family member of an EEA citizen.

You do not need a visa if you have a Biometric Residence Card issued under the EEA Regulations, with the words "Family Member of a Union citizen" mentioned on it.
The card does not have the words Family Member of EU citizen. So I guess I have to reapply. Thanks for your help.