ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Family- Transit Visa - France - URGENT!!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Non EU Family- Transit Visa - France - URGENT!!!

Post by aoalabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:23 am

Hi. So I just literally booked a flight to Nigeria for me and my family. I will be transiting through France and apparently there's a new airport transit visa thing.

I'm Nigerian resident in the UK. My Partner (unmarried) Portuguese and our daughter dual Nigerian/Portuguese citizen.

Can I claim rights as a Non EU family member through my daughter to avoid the transit visa all together. I read somewhere that as long as we are travelling togther I shouldn't require a visa as long as I prove relationship.

This is an excerpt from the europa.eu website

[Arriving at the border without an entry visa
It is always best for your non-EU family members to be well-informed in advance and to have all the necessary documents before starting their journey.

However, if they arrive at the border with their passport but without an entry visa, the border authorities should give them the opportunity to prove by other means that they are family members of a mobile EU citizen. They can do so by providing proof of their identity and family ties with an EU citizen (for example a marriage or birth certificate) and, proof that they are joining or accompanying the EU citizen (for example, proof that the EU citizen is already living in the country where entry is sought). If they manage to prove it, they should be issued with an entry visa on the spot.

Our flight is booked for Monday 20th and there are no slots for a visa appt. It also takes 14 days to process.. Yikes! Any Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I should add lay over time is only about 2 - 3 hrs.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Non EU Family- Transit Visa - France - URGENT!!!

Post by manci » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:11 am

From the French gov website https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/fra ... ansit-visa

You do not require an airport transit visa if you are family member of a national of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland

and from another French gov website
https://www.google.com/search?q=who+are ... nt=gws-wiz

A foreign national is considered a so-called immediate family member of an EU citizen if that foreign national proves that:
…….
parent of an EU citizen under 21, who actually takes care of this young citizen, ….

You should have with you proof of your daughter's Portuguese citizenship as well as her birth certificate naming you as her father.

Also, importantly, make sure in advance that you will be allowed to board the UK to France flight.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Non EU Family- Transit Visa - France - URGENT!!!

Post by aoalabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Cheers!
Didn't want to take any chances so thought I'd ask the Gurus on here. Thanks again.