ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RESIDENCE PERMIT BASED ON FAMILY REUNIFICATION

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mary2003
Newly Registered
Kenya

RESIDENCE PERMIT BASED ON FAMILY REUNIFICATION

Post by Mary2003 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:12 am

Hi all, thanks for all ideas given here.

I would like some help as well. Am African married to a Danish citizen but he died before I got to Denmark. I have our son 3years old now. My son has Danish citizenship, CPR number and a Danish passport. I got a Schengen visa and came to demark with my son due to social security reasons. Then I applied for a residence permit based on family reunification with my child being that he is a citizen.

When I read online I see that there are lots of requirements for this application to be successful. Such as the Danish citizen must have lived and worked in Denmark for some years but he is only a child. Someone told me it's not easy for me to get this permit Because my husband is dead and I practically have no job or permanent house to live in, and other reasons. I really feel devastated. I have a procesual letter from the immigration saying that the Process takes up to 10months. But I am not allowed to work, yet I have a son who is not getting any money yet because I am not a resident. I am in a very bad situation .

I left 2hildren in Africa so I need to care for them too

According to your experience do you think I have any chance of getting this residence? What could be the supporting documents to my case, because I only provided proof of my son's Danish nationality, proof of my legal marriage to his father, and his death certificate. Could that be enough?

Lastly, when I read online I see that all applicats for family reunification must pay a fee of 6380Dkk. But they did not ask me for it and they sent a letter that my application is being processed.

Please kindly give me all kinds of ideas about my situation so I can clear my mind .

Thanks alot in advance
MARIA.