ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schigeian visa. France. Short stay

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Schigeian visa. France.

Post by Sailkot » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:09 pm

I had two schiegian visa for short stay Now, I am thinking to apply for schigeina visa for long stay.. should I still apply for short stay or long stay schigeian visa.

I am married to French national,

Please guide me. On this

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schigeian visa. France.

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:11 am

What do you want to achieve with this visa?
Short stay visa is for tourism/visiting friends/etc, while long visa is to live in the country for long.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:31 am

My purpose is still same to visit family, but was thinking instead of applying 1 year, or 2 year, I should apply for long stay so that I don't apply every year..

Can my visa be refused, if i apply for long stay??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:31 am

A long stay visa may be inappropriate if you are not staying for longer than 90 days in 180 days. Consider a multiple entry visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:20 pm

It is indeed. As Vinny said, you would apply for a short stay visa with multiple entries. If your case is strong and they embassy/consulate is satisfied, they will give you a visa with longer validity, but you'll still be constrained with 90/180 rule (which is fine in your case), but I'm afraid a few years' validity is the best you can get.
If you apply for long stay, it means you go to country to live for long (work/study/etc) and require a different set of documents.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:41 am

Schiegian visa expire 30 October 2022.
When should I apply for new schiegian visa.. I am planing to visit end of November 2022

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Sailkot wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:41 am
Schiegian visa expire 30 October 2022.
When should I apply for new schiegian visa.. I am planing to visit end of November 2022
Now if you want. Latest by 15 days before your intended travel. Sooner the better so it helps with your travel plans.

The good thing is that the Schengen visa always works with your intended day of travel. So if issued early, it might not be active till intended day of travel.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Schigeian visa. Appoinment date

Post by Sailkot » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:42 am

When filling my arrival date in France I put 21 November, after completing the basic information on me and getting to appoinment slot, there was no appoinment before 21 November.. so I booked my appoinment for 25 November.
Could this be a problem, I am looking on their website if I can find early appoinment,
Please do guide me.
Have has schigeian visa for 2 times, maried to French national.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Schigeian visa. Appoinment date

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:18 pm

They urge you to apply at least (!) 15 days before your travel usually, as processing takes a while as well (took me 10 days for example). If by the time you applied the dates of your travel have already passed, what would be the reason to give you the visa? You're not going there anyway.
Contact French embassy directly, explain your situation. They might give you an emergency slot if they find that you're in a situation where it's needed, for example.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:47 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:18 pm
Thank you for reply. I will call them Monday mornings to change my appointment date, I am going through via Tls agent, I paid them £30.00 for their service, will there be a bad impact on my applications because of this ??
I don't mind losing 30.00 pound but I don't want any bad impact. On my application.
Many many thanks

They urge you to apply at least (!) 15 days before your travel usually, as processing takes a while as well (took me 10 days for example). If by the time you applied the dates of your travel have already passed, what would be the reason to give you the visa? You're not going there anyway.
Contact French embassy directly, explain your situation. They might give you an emergency slot if they find that you're in a situation where it's needed, for example.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sailkot » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:09 am

I spoke with one of tls customer advisor, she say, date issue should not be a problem, they will change the date when I come to the appointment on 25 November.

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Schigeian visa. France. Short stay

Post by Sailkot » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Hello all

Today I just submitted my file at tls for short stay schigeian visa, my first schigeina visa, was valid for 1 year. 2019 to 2020, then second schiegian visa valid for two years.
3rd visa I just applied today,
How long visa I will get? Suspense?? I asked agent at tls, he said he don't know, he said it's french embassy make that decision. Any one knows??
I am married to French national.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Schigeian visa. France. Short stay

Post by Ticktack » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:44 pm

Sailkot wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:19 pm
Hello all

Today I just submitted my file at tls for short stay schigeian visa, my first schigeina visa, was valid for 1 year. 2019 to 2020, then second schiegian visa valid for two years.
3rd visa I just applied today,
How long visa I will get? Suspense?? I asked agent at tls, he said he don't know, he said it's french embassy make that decision. Any one knows??
I am married to French national.
That's your answer right there. You r answer isn't here.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!