ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Return - Unemployed

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seank
Newly Registered

Tax Return - Unemployed

Post by seank » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 am

Hi,

I have applied for Schengen visa and been asked to provide "Recent UK Income Taxes" which I am not sure what does it mean.

I am unemployed and don't have any income and don't pay any taxes. The person at VFS said this could mean Tax Return. I searched about Tax Return and this seems like a form for Self-Employed people. I wrote a cover letter and explained this but in response Italian consulate sent me the same response that they want to see "Recent UK Income Tax". There is no one that I can contact and ask my question with the way they process Schengen Visa.

I wonder if anyone have any clue what I can do or what is this that I can provide?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Tax Return - Unemployed

Post by THO » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:46 am

I expect they want to see your income, so have asked for some proof you can support yourself and pay for the trip. So P60, which you can't provide as you are not employed, or tax return, again you do not do these as you are not self employed.

My guess is, your application will fail because you don't have an income, so unless you have a pile of cash in the bank and can send statements for the last six months, I'd forget trying to go to Italy.

seank
Newly Registered

Post by seank » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:19 am

Well in my initial application I have mentioned that I am unemployed and provided that with a Bank Statement which got 10k funds in it for a month travel.
I also wrote a cover letter and explained that I am unemployed to take a break and everything.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:22 am

So, then if you are taking a break, show them the last 6 months pay slips, with tax paid etc and your p45, and also bank statements.