ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my wife be able to stay with me

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noxcyde
Newly Registered
Germany

Will my wife be able to stay with me

Post by Noxcyde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 am

So my fiance is "visiting" germany at the moment. Almost two months of her three month allowance through her schengen Visa. She is from the US. I am a german citizen, born and raised in germany. We have been to the standesamt and have got the required papers we need to marry. We needed a translator since my wife doesn't speak german all that well. We are scheduled to go back and finish the final papers this week with the translator. What I want to know is after we're married, will she be allowed to stay with me in germany? Can she apply for residence when she is married? I am currently unemployed if that matters at all in the situation.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Will my wife be able to stay with me

Post by ALKB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Noxcyde wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 am
So my fiance is "visiting" germany at the moment. Almost two months of her three month allowance through her schengen Visa. She is from the US. I am a german citizen, born and raised in germany. We have been to the standesamt and have got the required papers we need to marry. We needed a translator since my wife doesn't speak german all that well. We are scheduled to go back and finish the final papers this week with the translator. What I want to know is after we're married, will she be allowed to stay with me in germany? Can she apply for residence when she is married? I am currently unemployed if that matters at all in the situation.
She can apply for a spouse residence permit in country - the first one is usually valid for a year, all subsequent ones valid for two years. Do you have enough space for two people?

How unemployed are you? Are you in receipt of ALG I or ALG II?

She needs German health insurance, that's not a problem if she can simply be added to your health insurance as a spouse without own income. Not sure how that would work if you are on ALG II.

Is she degree educated? If so, she can probably get the 660 hour integration course waived (which also means that any language courses she wants to attend will not be subsidised, unless she is in receipt of benefits).
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.