ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Apply on the basis of your private life"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cent2016
Newly Registered
Nigeria

"Apply on the basis of your private life"

Post by cent2016 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:31 am

Hi,
Could someone kindly point me to any specific postings relating to the UK immigration visa category: Apply on the basis of your private life on this forum.

Admin/Moderators, is there a way that one could 'search' for a specific topic of interest on this platform, for ease of access and to avoid repeat posting?

Cent 2016
Newly Registered

Re: "Apply on the basis of your private life"

Post by Cent 2016 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:45 am

Hello,
If there is no existing discussion on this topic, could someone kindly give me an information about the requirements for this route of application for a single person who meets the criteria, and possible rate of success.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:13 am

Useful to state what your UK immigration history is if you expect any advice from members on the forum :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cent2016
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cent2016 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:13 am
Useful to state what your UK immigration history is if you expect any advice from members on the forum :idea: :idea:
Hi,
My situation is:
Been living in the UK continuously for 21years-from 1998.
Had entered the UK on tourist visa, changed to student visa, married an EEA citizen who stopped working and was claiming benefits, hence could not extend. Later convinced her to start work again, did that long enough to allow me to apply again and was granted another 5years, before she went back on benefits.
Divorced the EEA national and got married to a UK citizen, was granted 2.5years, lived together, but marriage has broken down. My renewal is due but she has refused to support me. She is now applying for a divorce in order to prevent my extension.

cent2016
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cent2016 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:39 am

cent2016 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:22 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:13 am
Hi,
My situation is:
Been living in the UK continuously for 21years-from 1998.
Had entered the UK on tourist visa, changed to student visa, married an EEA citizen who stopped working and was claiming benefits, hence could not extend. Later convinced her to start work again, did that long enough to allow me to apply again and was granted another 5years, before she went back on benefits.
Divorced the EEA national and got married to a UK citizen, was granted 2.5years, lived together, but marriage has broken down. My renewal is due but she has refused to support me. She is now applying for a divorce in order to prevent my extension.
Can I quickly add that between 2006 -2009, I went through appeal and tribunal processes which failed.
Between 2009-2011, I lived in the UK illegally, before I was granted another 5 years in 2011 as a dependent of the same EU citizen.