ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply through post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fpvt2

Apply through post

Post by fpvt2 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:05 pm

My friend is wondering if he applies through the mail to switch from a work permit visa to a permit free training visa, and has not got the permit free training visa by the time the new job starts, can he start working on the new job legally ? (I understand that if you extend the same visa type, and you apply through post, as long as the Home Office has your application, you can stay in UK legally). Thanks.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:12 pm

He can _stay_ legally whilst waiting fora decision, but not work legally unitil he gets the approval. i.e. he can wait in the country, but not work.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:24 pm

Thanks. It sounds to me that it's better for him to go to the Home Office to apply for it to make sure that he has the visa by the time he starts his new job. 1 more question: he should have no problem switching from a 6 months work permit visa to permit free training visa, right ? The Home office said the only problem switching is to switch a settlement visa, but not to a permit free training visa, as long as he has all the necessary paperwork for permit free training visa. Please confirm. Thanks.