ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anonymous10
Newly Registered

Applying for British Citizenship

Post by anonymous10 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:37 pm

Can one submit a single application for naturalisation and registration (of a dependent)? I have been trying to contact the helpline 01512375200 for a long time and haven't had any success. Also if somebody knows the answers to the following questions please let me know.

1. What is the fees for such a combined application (if it is possible)?
2. What are timescales for processing naturalisation applications?
3. What are the timescales for processing application for registration as BC? :?:

John

Answers to your questions

Post by John » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:19 pm

Hi, yes you want to make both applications together ... as is made clear by the application form AN(NEW). That is, there is space on the form for the child's details to be entered. I am assuming the dependent is a child? If not, ignore the above. But if not a child, what sort of dependent?

How much? That depends upon whether you are married to a British Citizen or not. Full details here :-

Details of fees

Timescales? On average about 7 months but some applications dealt with much much quicker than that. My wife applied in April this year and she heard just five weeks later that she had been successful. So application posted 15.04.04 ... citizenship ceremony attended 09.06.04 .. British passports held before end of June .. for wife who got Certificate of Naturalisation and also my step-daughter who got Certificate of Registration.

Finally, the language test requirement. That only applies to an applicant for naturalisation .... not one for registration. Accordingly there is no need to be concerned about a child's language ability.

anonymous10
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous10 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply John

anonymous10
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous10 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:43 pm

I had sent off my application to the HO on the 13th of January 05. I got a reply from them a week ago advising me that my application has been successful. Along with my naturalisation my son's registration has also been successful. The letter says that my son and I will be invited to a ceremony and then presented with our certificates. It took less than 6 weeks for me to know the outcome of our application.

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy the Citizenship Ceremony!

By the way, your son does not need to attend the ceremony, in which case they would hand his Certificate of Registration to you. However I strongly recommend that you do take him out of school (as necessary) and that he does actually attend with you. Our 9yo attended and got presented with her Certificate ... something I expect her to remember all her life.

Here in Birmingham, the Lord Mayor who presented the certificates was great .... anyone made to feel very welcome.
John