ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breaking News - Home Office admits errors for 322(5)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masterpeas
Vietnam

Breaking News - Home Office admits errors for 322(5)

Post by masterpeas » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:08 pm

I am sure this most latest news will shock and bring some hope for thousands of people out there... willing to share it immediately.

In case you are not subscribed to FT, due to licensing, please see extracted news briefly below :arrow:

https://www.ft.com/content/6a2f199a-ee7 ... nts-anchor

:idea: Home Office admits errors in refusing settlement visas to professionals

Internal review finds the department’srules over tax affairs had been wrongly applied :idea:

The Home Office has admitted making errors in refusing settlement visas to professional migrants because of discrepancies in their tax affairs after an internal review found rules had been wrongly applied.

Announcing the results of the review on Thursday, Caroline Nokes, the immigration minister, said that 31 of the 1,697 cases analysed had given cause for concern. Of these, 12 cases are to be overturned immediately. Officials will seek further information on 19 cases before making a final decision.

“Errors of this kind are always regrettable, and I do not seek to minimise the impact that the error may have had on the individuals concerned,” Ms Nokes said in a written statement. “I will also ensure that the findings in this small minority of cases are used to inform our future decision-making, to ensure that similar errors are not repeated.”

The review also found that discrepancies between the earnings declared to the Home Office and those recorded by HMRC were not insignificant: the sums were more than £10,000 in 88 per cent of cases.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Breaking News - Home Office admits errors for 322(5)

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

See link below also, published yesterday.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... report.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:20 pm

In this occasion, HO errors seem to have affected only a small minority of the cases. In 88% of cases (1,490 applications), the discrepancies amounted to more than £10,000. :shock: So in majority of cases, the refusals were somewhat justified.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ilovethebeatles

Post by ilovethebeatles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Regarding this error, do they call back those had been refused and grant them the ILR? or the decision once has been made never be reconsidered?

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 am

thanks for your questions.

We shall wait and see as court of appeals are now still assessing some appeals from JR. HO has not taken consistent approach for these relevant cases in my understanding. again each case is truly different with different scenarios and justifications. :idea:

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 am

Some successes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

masterpeas
Vietnam

Re: Breaking News - court of appeal for 322(5)

Post by masterpeas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Balajigari, Majumder, Kawos and Albert (Appellants) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XYAehpealA

live recording at the court of appeal!! this result will impact all people's lives who suffered from and is suffering from the unfair decision from the HO. Please watch should you want to know more.

God bless all people who are involved. Hope any pain can be shortened as life is too short to bear with all these lengthy arguments!! :|