ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ElyseRachael
Newly Registered
United States of America

Expired Passport

Post by ElyseRachael » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:32 am

My passport has expired and I am due to renew my Spouse visa at the end of next month. US Embassy says that a renewal will take approximately 3 weeks and that cuts it really close to the expiration of my visa. Can I still renew my visa with an expired passport or will I have to have the new one before I can renew my visa?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Expired Passport

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:07 pm

ElyseRachael wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:32 am
My passport has expired and I am due to renew my Spouse visa at the end of next month. US Embassy says that a renewal will take approximately 3 weeks and that cuts it really close to the expiration of my visa. Can I still renew my visa with an expired passport or will I have to have the new one before I can renew my visa?
You need a valid passport to apply for any kind of visa anywhere in the world. You should have renewed your passport when you had 6 months left on it.
That would have given you enough time to manoeuvre.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!