ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending UK tourist visa due to covid-19 - Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rr1987
Newly Registered

Extending UK tourist visa due to covid-19 - Help

Post by Rr1987 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi,

My mom is on UK tourist visa and her visa expires on July 31st (original visa expiry date 23rd June). She is a rheumatoid arthritis patient and on immuno depression tablet for the past 13 years.

In India the situation is still worse and i am scared to send her back to India now. Also, there are no flights to india till July 31st as of now. Is there a way that i can extend her visa?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Extending UK tourist visa due to covid-19 - Help

Post by JB007 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:18 am

Rr1987 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm
Also, there are no flights to india till July 31st as of now. Is there a way that i can extend her visa?
Heathrow has five more flights to India today.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:20 am

Rr1987- I am in the same boat not able to book tickets as solds out quickly every time its listed or delayed.

I am confused now as there is no update from Homeoffice regarding auto renewal and validity of my parents visa is 31-jul, please le me know if found any solution, I was planing to send email to CIT team to see if they can help.

Thanks

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am

Jb-007 have you even tried to book not sure which 5 flights you are talking about :x ? I know at least 7-8 person trying for past 3 weeks.

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am

I am in the same situation.

Parents' visa expires on 11 Aug. Registered with Indian mission London for rescue flights.

For last 3 weeks am trying to book Air India flights but all show either as "Sold Out" or "No Flights"

I even called up Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre at 0800 678 1767, they just say wait for further guidance.

Not sure what to do now.

CIH link:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 am

Yes its very hard as very limited info available also I was expecting another visa auto renewal from homeoffice however there are no updates and I am started to panic now, I might drop CIT team an email this week, please keep updated here if any of us gets any sort of info, thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:48 pm

hotmale wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 am
Yes its very hard as very limited info available also I was expecting another visa auto renewal from homeoffice however there are no updates and I am started to panic now, I might drop CIT team an email this week, please keep updated here if any of us gets any sort of info, thanks
Given the present ambience over easing the lockdown there won't be any auto extension. Although the flights are scanty but still are operating , therefore, you must have to leave.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Repatriation flights are such a big mess. A new slot opened this morning and all got booked in a matter of 1.5 hours.

This time I was lucky!

Not sure what would happen to others who are unable to book flights. Will they be treated as over stayers for reasons beyond their control?

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi I am still unable to book site crashes managed to book one last week flight got cancelled and still waiting for refund, i am very confused should I contact CIt team for extension now as dont want overstayer tag and ive no intentions

Thanks

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm

HCI Twitter:

All those who could not get seats on the additional flights of the #VandeBharatMissionphase4 till 24 July, please register your demand so that we can project the requirements.

https://twitter.com/HCI_London/status/1 ... 0978041856

udayakumarg
Newly Registered

UK Visitor visa extension

Post by udayakumarg » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:42 am

Hi,

My mother is with us in UK in a visitor visa. It is expiring on 01st August.
I booked her return flight on 1st August and it is cancelled by the airline now.

Can I expect a visitor visa to extend by government as done in the past?
Is there a way, I can contact someone to extend her visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Visitor visa extension

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:24 pm

udayakumarg wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:42 am
I booked her return flight on 1st August and it is cancelled by the airline now.
What was the reason of cancellation? Have they provided such in writing?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:48 pm

udayakumarg wrote:
Hi,

My mother is with us in UK in a visitor visa. It is expiring on 01st August.

Can I expect a visitor visa to extend by government as done in the past?
Is there a way, I can contact someone to extend her visa?
Why would you book a flight for the last day of her visa? With everything that is going on!

udayakumarg
Newly Registered

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am

It is booked six months ago where things were not serious

udayakumarg
Newly Registered

Post by udayakumarg » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:24 pm
udayakumarg wrote:
What was the reason of cancellation? Have they provided such in writing?
They stopped operation to India. Yes they sent an email.

CJS92
Newly Registered

Post by CJS92 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Rr1987 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 pm
Hi,

My mom is on UK tourist visa and her visa expires on July 31st (original visa expiry date 23rd June). She is a rheumatoid arthritis patient and on immuno depression tablet for the past 13 years.

In India the situation is still worse and i am scared to send her back to India now. Also, there are no flights to india till July 31st as of now. Is there a way that i can extend her visa?
Some good news, I hope, for some people in this thread.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... #contents

Latest update states that although visas will not be extended anymore past 31 July, if you were unable to leave in time before the end of a visa expiry date of 31 July then you essentially have a one month grace period in order to make arrangements to leave the UK. This gives you until 31 August to leave. There will, it states, be no adverse immigration consequences on future applications as long as you leave before this time. If you still cannot leave by 31 Aug, it gets more complicated and you need to apply for "special indemnity" with proof that you cannot leave until after 31 Aug, eg with flight tickets or proof of a positive coronavirus test.

It would have been nice if they'd posted this update sooner. If I'd known about this, say, 10 days ago, I would not have needed to put my wife on a plane to a high-risk country. A lot of unnecessary stress and worry would have been avoided for at least another month. Still, I hope this update brings some respite to those who were still unable to find a route out of the UK.