ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British passport application countersignature

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marka
Newly Registered

First British passport application countersignature

Post by marka » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi all,

So I finally got my Naturalisation certificate and now I realise that need a countersignature for my first passport. How do people usually handle this?

I suppsoe I can ask one of the friends who signed the original citizenship application, but one work in IT for and the other is an IT contractor. The IT contractor could possibly meet the requirement as he is a director of his own limited company, but would that work?

Or I can ask a friend who is a manger at the NHS and has a medical background, but who isn't actually a GP. Would that work? I can't imagine my GP countersigning as she has seen me once in the last 4 years. I can take it to the bank, but again even though I have a current account I haven't been in the bank for ages as I do it all on-line. Would they be willing to sign it?

Who do people usually get to countersign the first passport application?

Cheers,

bonzo

sfgirl

Post by sfgirl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 pm

If I remember correctly, there is a much longer list of possible counter signers on the web than in the paper passport info. These people can be clergy, teachers, lecturers, police, etc... Surely you must know someone.

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:22 am

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:08 am

Marka, you will see that list includes :-
Engineer (with professional Qualifications)
A few years ago I worked for a Computer Software House and there were lots of computer programmers working there. Then suddenly there were not! Overnight they all became Software Engineers!

So the people you know in IT, any of them have any professional qualifications? If so they would seem to be qualified to countersign your form and one of your photos.

But that is a very long list of people acceptable to sign as a countersignature.
John

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:41 am

i checked this with the passport office and the lady told me anybody profession who is currently a citizen of UK and holding a mangerial position and above, in case you plan to take the sign of your colleagues

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:09 am

olisun:
Going by my experience with the UKPA, I would suggest noting down the telephone advisor's name, date and time of the call. So that if there is an objection raised vis-a-vis this particular point in the application, one would be able to refer to the advice rendered over the phone.

Regards